Coldest December

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

haha...Rudy...even tho I've lost my southern accent after all these years being up here in Wisconsin, I'm still say hose pipe :D

My family wasn't as "Hill" as the Beverly's...but my granny coulda past as Jed's mama herself. I still cook homemade chicken and dumplins, beans with cornbread and greens.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

ezrablu wrote:haha...Rudy...even tho I've lost my southern accent after all these years being up here in Wisconsin, I'm still say hose pipe :D

My family wasn't as "Hill" as the Beverly's...but my granny coulda past as Jed's mama herself. I still cook homemade chicken and dumplins, beans with cornbread and greens.
Ooooooh man, lets get some chicken and dumplins on and some a doows greens 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

EZRABLU if you can cook good, and put a little sugar in your cornbread, I think the yankee's call it cornbread cake, A internet marrage proposal could come your way and (I just celebrated my 30 th year deevorce anniversary ) so that won't come lightly. now I do know how to fish and hunt and can steal the rest, so dat wood make me a good provider want it. My bus is liveable so guess we could summer up dare in wiscosinville, but I ain't gonna shovel no snow, ain't gonna put chains on a tire to go nowhere, well maybe mudridin in the summertime, but dis dam arthurritoos in the Loosienanner damp cold crap we might have to float de bus crossin de reo groonda river if dea aintin got that der bridge in to mec-e-co set up yete. annd if you ain't got no boat to send a foto of don't you be worrin bout dat I gots me a big boat ana liddle boat and cane built us a peeroe, a dugumout, or a canoe iffin we deside dat we needs one of dem dare boats I been dun toad uins I waz a good pro viedor now diddin I. Well you thank on it a spell butt no too long cuz my cuzzin's sistern been done almost caught mez de udder day, down der by dat tree by da creek crossin up dare near bobbie sues cabin, she bin chasin hard herd toad ya
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dawgman, y'all talk like that in Louisiana?
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Dennis...If we ever cross paths I'll make ya some! Image

dern funny graydawg!Image
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Nice,U da best :wink:
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey wrote:Aaack, Rudy, no, vacuuming up mouse dung, very bad!!! I don't know if you did more research on this, but many of the cases of Hanta have been attributed to people doing "spring cleaning", sweeping out old sheds, etc. Causing the virus to become airborne is one of the best ways to become infected.

I have several vacuums, but use the same hose-pipe with all of them. It's a 30 foot pool cleaning hose. I put the vacuum outdoors and run the hose in a door or window. All of the exhaust of the vacuum is kept outdoors and away from my living space that way. I got tired of smelling nasty vacuum cleaner bag stink, and after thinking about it, realized that vacuums suspend the smallest dirt back into the air to be breathed up or allowed to resettle. When I was working on the Crown a lot, I used an exhaust hose, hooked to the vacuum exhaust port, and ran that out a window. At least try to send the particulates outside instead of putting them in my lungs.

HEPA filter respirators are available through any competent safety supply house, or perhaps at your local hardware store. I have a set of HEPA cans for my half-face respirator, and swap them for normal particulate filters or organic vapor filters as needed for the job at hand.

HEPA filters will usually have a purple can color http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEPA_filter .
Occasionally, I luck out by being able to discern when there is something very important to understand. This time, I will listen to "the man behind the curtain", and say, Sharkey, I have 15 feet of hose on the front of the vacuum and 8 feet on the exhaust hose who's output is out my back door.

Time for rodent excrement disposal.

I fear I may have to have a Hazmat suit to empty the vacuum later.

If the Vietnam Era didn't kill me, it would certainly be ironic that mouse turds did.
Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Well, "House Mouse Flu" does sound a bit, uh, Southeast Asian, does it not?

The vacuum I use most is an old Rainbow SE. Like all rainbow vacs, it uses a pan of water as a filter to catch the dirt. Supposedly very effective at preventing the aerosoliziation of particulates, but I take no chances. I do know that if I vacuum up the ashes on the fender of the wood stove too quickly, some ash does get blown out the exhaust, so it's not 100% effective.

The good part is that any contaminants are suspended in a bath of water, preventing further spreading in the form of dust, mostly it's sludge at that point, and gets dumped in the bushes outside.

The downside to his vac is that you don't want to use it to vacuum up stuff you don't want on the ground outdoors, things like plastic peanuts, plastic shavings, bightly colored confetti and the like. I use it only when I know I won't have to dig through the sludge pile to take out anything that won't compost.

As for your situation, I'd say better to have lots of intake hoses and put the vac outdoors. Any leaks in the exhaust hoses will atomize dirt back into the air, while leaks in the intake will just make your sucking suck.

Of course, none of this matters much if your new house pets don't carry Hanta, but how careful do you want to be? They are objectional little creatures even without the disease.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Sharkey, I just spent a couple hours clearing out my closets of clothes that them little mousies made their home. I also removed any food source they may be after. I know there are a few left, but they will be hunted and exterminated.

It is war, and as always war leaves the human with ill feelings.
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy, Don't be afraid to use the bang-bang!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

MOUSE REPORT:

I am happy to say that them little varmints can not chew through the many plastic bins I now use to house my clothes and food. Now I also have a big bin for the dog food. I have only spotted one mouse recently. The mousies (or just the one mouse) don't even go in my closets anymore.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Good Job Rudy! And with no violence :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Be the mouse you want to see in the world :D
Peace along the way
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Rudy why were you going in your closet before, I thought you had a restroom in your bus and mice traps are not violence you can even use the catch and release traps but then you would have misplaced mouse or you could use a catch and release trap and a big helium baloon tied to the trap that way the wind would place the mouse where it wanted too and you would not have the guilty feelings afterward of it losing its mouse family boohoo I can see them now crying at the mouse funeral or catch them and sell them to a snake owner, I have heard they pay good money for mousies would also be extra income another case solved
Last edited by graydawg on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dawgman, to go on mouse hunt. Now they are out of the closet. Who'd have thought I had gay mice in my bus.
Got love? Give love.