Remember when...

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Remember when...

Post by ezrablu »

Remember when you could smoke just about anywhere...including in Kmart stores, elevators, schools. I remember cigarette burn marks on the carpeting at Kmart in the clothing department, and at school during highschool basketball games parents would run out into the hall to have a quick smoke during games, and 15 people in an elevator all smoking at the same time :D

Remember when they used to even smoke in cartoons?
:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1TBBp4 ... re=related
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

that was refreshing enjoyed seeing fred and barney again, I never had a wife or girlfriend that would mow the grass that was a amazing to see. I didn't know womens lib was going on the far back but I was 1 year old when that was made
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:D It wasn't yet, but I think Fred and Barney's commercial might have been part of the cause of the women's lib movement :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Winston...used to smoke them before I quit. When I was a kid, I got to tour the Winston factory. As we were walking through, the janitor was walking around sweeping. After a while, he grabbed a dust pan, scooped up all the stuff and put it in the box of tobacco that fed the machine. Hmmm...tasty!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

That was great but I road through Marlboro country myself 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Well, it has occurred to me that the last of my vices, that I have held on to for so long, have to come to an end. Drinking and smoking. This December 25, my gift to myself is to dissasociate me from the demon alcohol and the tobacco devil as well.

Will I succeed? Doubtful. However, if I do not, There will soon be nothing left of me. It really sucks to be existing comfortably with my vices. I am gonna hate doing this transformation. I would like to live a few more years, though.

My involvement with Sharkey's site has been an exciting platform for me to express the Rudy philosophies. I do not claim to be a guru of bus life. I am glad to have "met" a few people who share my way of life.

We are the champions, we are the champions, no more losing, 'cause we are the champions of the world. Ironic that those words words were sung by Freddy Mercury, who died of AIDS.

Off to work now. Happy holidays.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rudy...Good for you! I'm proud of you and for you to post this here shows how much trust you have for your bus family and you need our support.

You're a beautiful person with so much to share with people...it would be a great loss to loose you sooner than your time. There are too many more journeys to make, many more people to meet, and much more music for you to play so you are right...you are not finished here yet.

Please remember this above everything else...do not doubt yourself...and you just don't try to quit things that are ruining your health and have short-changed your life. You either do it or you don't. No inbetweens or maybe's.

Talk to us here...call me if you need distraction or discussion. It's HARD to cross that bridge...BUT DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO LOOK BACK. Leave the old Rudy on the other side and once you make it over it, things will be MUCH clearer with a whole new life for you.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

P.S. Freddy Mercury sure had an amazing voice....so very, very sad he died way to soon.
This is one of his amazing performances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2omuoO_hIbQ

Have you ever heard of a singer named Mika? He sorta reminds me of Freddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEPCsQ4608
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

[quote="Rudy"]Well, it has occurred to me that the last of my vices, that I have held on to for so long, have to come to an end. Drinking and smoking. This December 25, my gift to myself is to dissasociate me from the demon alcohol and the tobacco devil as well.

Will I succeed? Doubtful. However, if I do not, There will soon be nothing left of me. It really sucks to be existing comfortably with my vices. I am gonna hate doing this transformation. I would like to live a few more years, though.

Rudy Rudy Rudy 8) You"Can Definitely do it" you know. There is no doubt about it. You just need dig deep enough to find the will to not smoke or drink “no matter whatâ€
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Last year, Stuart and I discussed the letting go of these vices. Stuart, as well as you, my friends, is very concerned about this issue. It's odd that I write of these things to you. I don't even talk about it with people I know here.

Good luck to me. OH SHIT!!! Only five days left. Makes me laugh.

Rudy, the dumb ass.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

"Rudy, the dumb ass"

If you don't stop beatin yourself up ima come out dar and give ya a good ass whoopin 8) Oh, Thats right, you got a gun/ Never mind :wink:
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dennis, please come out and give me an ass whoopin' and then lock me up in chains for a week. I promise I won't shoot you.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Are you sure :roll:
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Am I sure I won't shoot you? Yes I am sure. Am I sure that I need a good ass whoopin'? Yes I am sure. Am I sure that you should tie me up in chains for a week? Not really.

Gonna take some of my last drink, gonna take a puff or two, gonna lose myself in accordion bliss.

I doubt it will get me to heaven, but it is nirvana for me presently.

The bigger (scarier) picture WILL unfold soon enough.

Just got a call from Doug (Goodclue). It is great to know that I truly have a "bus family". Je t'aime, mes amis. Je veux dit quesque vous etes tres bon. Je pense a tois chacun des jours.

Use Babblefish to translate that French. My French is weak from not using it daily. Perhaps some of the grammar is incorrect.

OK, forget Babblefish. What I was trying to say is:
I really like you, my friends. I want to say that you are very good. I think about you every day.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Stay light buddy
Peace along the way