Land of the Free?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Land of the Free?

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
dburt

Post by dburt »

Yesterday, the 21st of December an event passed mostly unnoticed by most American. By administrative decree, the FCC assumed much, MUCH more control over the internet which they can now exercise if they feel the need to shut it down or restrict it for whatever reason. Some reasons given are for domestic or foreign terrorism, etc. :roll:

So- if someday we can't access Mr Sharkey's site, it may not be his fault, or the fault of his ISP etc.

We live in strange times :!:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ezrablu, after having viewed the video of that man living in a trailer on his own land, and how the county wants to force him off there, I feel frightened for your ideal to live in YOUR bus on YOUR land. Hell, I feel frightened for me as well.

What I have learned by being an urban camper is that to avoid the "law", you must be on the move.

That sucks for people like me who would like to settle down in our "homes".
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

This is nothing new, people are fighting this battle everywhere and have been for years. The city, county or parish, the state, and finally the federal gov. are constantly harassing people who own land and deciding what they have to buy or pay so they will not loose their land and then they have to pay the taxes on top of that. you can never get around to actually having the complete use of your land without some form of government forcing their views and fees and taxes upon you. they say this nation is free the only thing I can think of is spam all their free stuff is conditional to the point you have to pay for something, or maybe I just don't know the definition of FREE.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

dburt....I heard about that new law yesterday when they announced it...it's for OUR PROTECTION :x :? Our country is going down the tubes faster than ever. Our government is so out of control. I can't tell you how angry I was when I first read this internet law was passed.

Rudy, one of the reasons I decided to stay in this area in spite of the crummy winters is because I looked high and low in several different states for the right piece of land. It was important to me not only that the land be unrestricted but it HAD to also be zoned aggriculture in case I need to raise animals or crops in the future. I can't tell you how difficult of a search it was and literally the day I almost gave up, was the day I found my land. The taxes for my 8 acres is a measily $35 a year 8)

Other than state septic and building codes, there are no restrictions from either the county or the township. I can live in whatever I want, for as long as I want but I had to sign a paper saying I have a chemical toilet on my bus :wink: and that's it.

I'm going to drill my own well next spring and the only thing I have to do is contact the DNR to let them know where I'm putting a well. I'll also be building a privy next summer so I'll have to have a privy permit. If I build a house, of course I'll have to get a building permit.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: Land of the Free?

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I saw this video a few month ago and I followed it on a mesage board for a while and I beleave he ended up selling his land and moved way somewhere. I get a news letter from the board now and then so if I get anything new I'll post it.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.