Dan Phillips

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Dan Phillips

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
GoodClue

handmade homes ...

Post by GoodClue »

Ezrablu ... Dan Phillips, excellent story, Nick Dow, just plain sad.
Location makes all the difference ... Colorado building codes are so restritive one can't even collect roof rainwater ... I own several small lots close by, old mining town parcels, but the county says too small to build on ... can park a travel trailer if I move every 6 months ... but not even a shed ... funny, they still want my taxes ...
I built on 41 acres in S. Colo with my ex but the HOA got so restrictive we put the place up for sale ...
I've friends trying to talk me into Belize or Equador, and I very well may go ...
GoodClue
"ya gotta have art ..."
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Doug, how are we gonna be able to communicate with you if you go to Ecuador?
Got love? Give love.
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

Rudy wrote:Doug, how are we gonna be able to communicate with you if you go to Ecuador?
Via the Ecuanet :) Sorry Rudy i just could not help myself.
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
dburt

Post by dburt »

Doug, Oregon is also getting to be quite restrictive on land use laws. :x Idaho is not nearly as bad. If you want warm weather, why not look into Arizona? Somewhere in Arizona where the weather is mild, not to hot, not to cold. Also in an area where it is still afordable. I have a good buddy who is thinking of bailing out of Oregon and going to Arizona to live full time. He is checking around Benso, in S Arizona, and then also north of Tucson.

I have a couple of buddies that live south of the Border, one in Peru and one in Columbia. Another buddy lives part time in Baja, Mexico. They all say there are good things, and bad things about living south of the border. One of the biggie bad things is that you are living under another country's laws and rules, and often it is in a country where they don't really love Americanos all that much. My wife was once marred to a guy from Guatemala and lived there for 7 years. She would never go back, ever. She traveled all through south America and Mexico, and can tell you lots of unpleasant stories.

In the USA you are still mostly a citizen. Down south of the border you are a subject. Big difference in rights, access to laws protecting your rights, etc. Just some thoughts......... :wink:
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Belize seems to be a little bit different. It was a British colony up until just a couple dozen years ago. English is official language. And it is beautiful!

We want to go visit, maybe next year.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

longjohn wrote:
Rudy wrote:Doug, how are we gonna be able to communicate with you if you go to Ecuador?
Via the Ecuanet :) Sorry Rudy i just could not help myself.
That was great 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.