Rudy, you snowed in?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Standaddy

Rudy, you snowed in?

Post by Standaddy »

Hey man, just wondering how much snow you got. We got 'bout 6" here in north Bama. That's more in one serving than several years combined usually. TV said they got about 12" just about 20 miles east of us, where one of our guys lives. Son decided not to open the shop today, things are a bit slow right now anyway. Back to the mines tomorrow.
Stan
longjohn

Post by longjohn »

It's coming our way! When it comes from the South we always get hit hard
Take a Child Camping and they will have fun
But take a child Campin,
And they will always cherish,
The memory!!!

Campin,Campin,Campin
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Bring it on :twisted:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

SNOW IN SHREVEPORT, LA

Post by graydawg »

about 2" and that is more than I needed. staying warm though 2 electric heaters going, dawgs loved it, they are now predicting 16 for wed morning
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Snow? I don't care about da stinkin snow 8)
[img][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/30lpjpk.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i55.tinypic.com/s6oh79.jpg[/img][/img]
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

We got about three inches here. It is lightly dusting this morning. 22 degrees out at 7AM. Cold in my bus.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Snuggle up wit dem dawgs buddy :roll:
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dem Dawgs too hairy. They got their own beds.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

:D
Peace along the way
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Hairy is warm :) Give them dogs a purpose...a job. Put one dog on each side of you....walla...hot Rudy sammich :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Ezra, Buddy used to sleep with me when I first got him. I would wake up with hardly any room on the bed because he would stretch his legs out straight. Emma won't even get on the bed if I ask her.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rudy, my dogs are the same as Buddy. They stretch out and are darn near as tall as I am. Kitty has learned to sleep with her head on the pillow beside me. After waking up looking her in the brown eye a few times when she was a puppy, I broke that habit fast :D

But, still, she does bunny kick me most of the night. Either to turn over or chasing something in her sleep lol. The other dog is my son's dog. He named him "Good" and it's hard to disipline him when you're trying to tell him he is being bad...."Bad, Good! Bad, Good! :D He sleeps with Kitty and I 50% of the time or wanders in during part of the night.

I only have a twin bed here at my son's house, so I end up on the outside, sleeping on the edge of a cliff. The only thing I absolutely do not like is when they hear something and keep jumping in and out of bed. They are big, strong dogs and feel like a herd of cattle running across my body. I don't want to break them of being "watch" dogs so instead, if they do it more than once or twice in the night just because they know a cat or other critter is outside, I don't let them back on the bed. It's easy to tell how they act/bark when it's a critter or a stranger near.

They both are kennel trained so it doesn't bother them to sleep in their kennels all night either. Sometimes I make them sleep in there just to make sure they don't get too spoiled. But during these cold winter nights, the kennels on the floor are too cold and I don't mind the extra warmth :P Also, they are both indoor dogs that don't get dirty so I don't mind letting them on my bed.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

ezrablu wrote:Kitty has learned to sleep with her head on the pillow beside me. After waking up looking her in the brown eye a few times when she was a puppy, I broke that habit fast :D
Good thing she's not a "night farter" :D
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:D she's not; but always keeps her head on the pillow since training her as a puppy. BUT my son's dog IS...and it doesn't help that my son and his friends share everything they eat with him.Which is why he only gets the foot end of the bed lol

Now, if I can just train him to not lay on my legs. It sure makes it hard to walk in the morning when no blood has reached my feet all night :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I could have used a dog last night. Got down to 8. Can't complain too much, there is no snow with it. Trailer heater is running a lot, though. Am so ready to get moved into the bus, where there will be lots of insulation, instead of this 1" fiberglass cheap crap.

When I went outside to start the truck, there was about a turn and a half of the starter. The battery voltage was VERY low. In fact, dead. Was able to connect the charger for about 30 minutes and get just enough juice to start the engine. Yay! Then drove directly to AutoZone and bought two new batteries. They were warranted (4 1/2 years old) so only got dinged for about $75. No complaints other than changing them out in the parking lot at 15 degrees with a casual 15 mph breeze blowing from the north.

Still, can't complain too much, since that still isn't the worst winter car repair incident I have had. Wait...Yes, I can complain!!