How do you earn a living ?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Caravan Monster

How do you earn a living ?

Post by Caravan Monster »

I'm looking for some inspiration :idea:

My current line of work involves too many delays, can't do much work in the winter, and doesn't make enough money to enable me to buy my own place. I need to get some new ideas about work. And it's an interesting question to ask.

I'm a self employed stonemason - repair old stone farmhouses, cottages, parish churches and so on.

How do you earn a living :?:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I'm an ok carpenter, a pretty good cabinet maker and an above average wood worker. I also do fly by night PV solar system installation "but" I'm not above taking a job at Wally World if I needed to 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Many people wonder how to make $ while living on the road. I believe if you are smart enough...and have some talent...are willing to work at something...anyone can do it. My talents are music and pool...it isnt very hard to make a few bucks at local pool tournaments for me...maybe play for some $...and there is always guitar too...and selling cd's. The last two summers we have been working in campgrounds...getting paid to live in nice places for about 6 months at a time. Something else to consider is vending...anyone can do that. Just have faith and no fear!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Bob wrote: Something else to consider is vending...anyone can do that. Just have faith and no fear!

Did you mean venting? I didn't know you could get paid to fart.
Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Orbit just told me that my last post was rude.

Sorry, Orbit.

If you have carpentry tools and power tools, you should be able to pick up some work. Then word gets out and you have a busy schedule.

Working at Wal Mart would be a possibility. You get to wear those blue vests and talk with all those wonderful and WACKY FREAKY people from other planets.
Got love? Give love.
splummer

Post by splummer »

how i make a living, i work in the mental health field, spare time wood working and buying and selling antiques for my mental health
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Bob

Post by Bob »

My mental health IS an antique! :lol:
Wherever I am...I am home.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Do they have WalMart in the United Kingdom?

Which part are you in? I see occasional pictures of scenic areas with quaint cottages with thatch roofs. I always thought that would be fun thing to do - thatching - but would still have the seasonal component like stonemasonry.
No easy way is there?

Have done a lot of stuff. The most satisfying are probably driving a truck (lorry?), woodworking/carpentry, and doing electronics stuff -semiconductor circuits and software. And farming/gardening. And cooking. Not sure how good I am at any of it, but have been able to raise the kids ok. And now a grandkid.

Lots of stuff, none makes really just a whole lot of money. Current job is electronics and keeps me out of the weather. Sometimes I miss the weather.
yugogypsy

What do you do for a living?

Post by yugogypsy »

My partner and I sell vegetables from our garden, he goes and helps other people with their gardens and firewood.

Due to poor health, I haven't worked in a while, but I'm volunteering in the kitchen at our Community Hall because I don't have anything to give my community except my time.

Rick has had some carpentry training and keeps things from falling down around here, he re-built the back of our barn into a hayshed last summer, today he is out hunting firewood as we are nearly out of wood and money.

We are both classed as "disabled", so get a disability check, but it doesn't go far. I'm planning some changes to make it go further, both changes to the house and our habits.

The house is going to get a wood cookstove next year and I'm going to TRY to figure out a way to do away with that hideous oil furnace and get a better wood heater put in.

Between bus, and yard, and garden work, I am going to be busy.

And I'm trying to talk a buddy of mine into loaning me his GMC chassis "Fleury" motorhome to convert to a better "Rolling Home"

He works too much to have time for it. And if I fix it, I'll probably get first dibs to buy it! Either that or I'll be begging him to sell it to me

Hugs
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Luis

Doing what you can for your community is great. Im sure it feels good to and folks that don't have much really appreciate it. My daughter and I do a gig at the homeless shealter out here 2 fridays a month. We love doin it and they so appreciate us for being there. At best, we are all 1 "bad" year or less from being on our a** so why not lend a hand. The only differance between them and me is im just a little quicker on my feet and I chose to be houseless before I was homeless 8) Hey and we can all use a stash of good karma point just in case 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
yugogypsy

What do you do for a living?

Post by yugogypsy »

I love my job, and will even go in on a Monday and help my boss with the janitorial stuff too. Saves her work and gets me out of the house for a couple of hours.

I'm going to volunteer to work at the Fall Fair too-beats paying $5.50 :shock: to get in!

My pal Joanne always volunteers at the music fests she goes too, she's heard a lot of good stuff. She's sorta one of us, her rig is a big Dodge van that is factory camperized.

If Bob and Rudy show up and make music, Joanne will be here and you guys can meet her.
Take Care
HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!