Hats Off To Dennis TBD

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Hats Off To Dennis TBD

Post by Rudy »

WOW!, Dennis. You are about to hit the four digit mark with your postings.

That's cool. I like this place as much as you do. (Sharkey's). I see that you have tenure here by being one of the first to get on board.

Sharkey has told me of the times he was in great distress with the loss of his horse, as well as times when he had to deal with people who were out to screw him out of money.

I asked him how he dealt with such events.

He told me that Dennis The Bus Dweller always was a source of calmness and enlightenment to him.

I am happy to be able to talk with you. You have shown me the same kindness and concern that, I am sure, you show all of mankind.

The world needs more of you.

PS. You'd better get to typing if you wanna get to 2000 posts. :lol: Rudy
Got love? Give love.
Bob

Post by Bob »

I agree...the worls needs a LOT more people like you! Peace!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

We're all in this mess together kids 8) I will say, With literally millions and millions of sites out there on the web. To have put together one of the best on a particular lifestyle and group of people is quite the accomplishment, I’m glade I stumbled across it. What fun this place is some times :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

??? So are you going to tell us the address of this fabulous web site that you've found?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Dis B da place Boss 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Standaddy

Post by Standaddy »

Yessir. Coming from some very different backgrounds it seems, there is a kinship that exists, overcoming the differences, to share the good. At least in my short time here, with none of the flaming, and harsh, demeaning, crap that I've encountered at some of the other sites I've looked into in the past.
Thanks,
Stan
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

This is a great place! Quiet little place to kick back, relax and enjoy! (Sharkey, is your head swelling up yet?)
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

No. In case you hadn't noticed, I don't have a whole lot to do with what goes on here. In fact there are a couple of users who have out-posted me.

There have been a few disagreements that have cost us some potentially valuable users, but overall, it's been mostly quiet. I did have some concerns that I might have to create a Sex/Politics/Religion forum for some of the more provocative posts that have been put up lately, but so far topic drift has taken them off course fast enough that they didn't erupt into hostilities.

What I do mostly is keep the spam filters running efficiently so that the forum doesn't get clogged with a lot of the crapola that the rest of the 'net gets hit with. This might be the only forum in existence that still allows guest posting!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

This place has a different feel to it, for sure. I only look into about 3 places on a regular basis. The others degrade rapidly, and sadly, I must admit, I get in there and mix it up with the rest of them. Have been wondering why more and more. Some kind of fatal human flaw, I bet.

Conjecture; that type of forum might not be a bad thing, if nothing else to give a place to avoid it all.

But you are obviously on top of it, and it's working well.
Thanks for the place!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Standaddy wrote:Yessir. Coming from some very different backgrounds it seems, there is a kinship that exists, overcoming the differences, to share the good. At least in my short time here, with none of the flaming, and harsh, demeaning, crap that I've encountered at some of the other sites I've looked into in the past.
Thanks,
Stan
I agree 100%!! If only all people from all walks of life teated each other with the love and respect that is shown here. Sharkey perhaps you can expand and save the entire world? :)
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

All so true...I've also been to others and none compare or even come close to what I have found here. Everyone here has been nothing but kind and considerate no matter what the topic and always seem to have honest positive answers no matter how "touchy" the topic.

Hats off to "this" place and "you" people 8)
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
dburt

Post by dburt »

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Seen lots of forums, coming and going - a few staying. It's cuz of the Peerless Daddy, the Chief, kids. Sorry, Sharkey, but true. Or at least in combo with the right Indians. <g>

Funny thing is that the "free, open" forums go to pot, usually sooner than later. The ones that stay and work are the ones where somebody's willing to set a few policies, one or two rules, and then make the effort, sometimes do a little one on one, to see people don't trash the place. I gotta say the place has Tone. <G> Course that might just be Rudy testing a new 'cordian...

Appreciate it, Sharkie. Sure hope you keep getting some good fun and chuckles out of it all.

Cheers, Rufus
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

SEX/POLITICS/RELIGION
hey I vote for the sex forum NO on second thought maybe not she would probably look like a bus, politics well FAST EDDY's out of jail our 4 term La governer EDWIN EDWARDS he is more than qualified to run the gov. maybe thats why he got out early, not sure, I would cast my vote for him for president at least we would have hot babes in the white house for a change, I was a altar boy once a longlong time ago, doubt that will get me some extra consideration at the pearly gates though.
BUT I do know that this is the best site I have been on, bar none. I still go back to the beginning and read through the stories in fact when are you going to finish the school house-house truck story? or have I missed it?
Are those post counting all the cool 8) post, I don't think that should count as a whole post, you better get to work Dennis.
Everything aside I have learned allot from the info on here, and hope to learn more, Lets keep it up, LONG LIVE MR SHARKEY and the man who started it all. James in da GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dennis, you are over 1200 posts now. Cool!

So that everyone knows, Dennis calls me on the phone quite often. I love his Jersey accent. OOPS!! Did I just say Jersey? I meant Longgg Island.

Dennis is a constant source of uplifting.

Thanks, DTWB

Do you think I can make another 100 posts in 58 days?

I'll be up to 2000.

Don't I get a brass doughnut for that?
Got love? Give love.