Arts and Crafts

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Arts and Crafts

Post by ezrablu »

I mentioned I was making a Big ole Slab o Bacon scarf like this one:

In case anybody else is interested, just take a photo of whatever you want, convert it into a cross stitch chart HERE Then you can either knit, crochet, cross stitch or whatever you want following the chart you create.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Post by splummer »

:D i can smell it cooking from here , i like it
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Mmmmm!!!! Bacon!!!

About the only thing that beats chocolate!

Love the scarf! You doing that to sell them? Looks like a huge amount of time.

Mom knitted me a sock hat decades ago for me to use while riding the bike. It is about 7 feet long. I put it on my head and wrap it around about 4 times. Very warm. Still use it now for cold days. Have ridden in temps down to 10 degrees with it and kept my head/neck warm. Fingers and toes froze, so guess I need sock hat for hands and feet!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Way cool scarf! I once had one that said Midas on it...my Midas muffler! I loved it, but it is long gone. Dont forget to add a little brown sugar to it!
Wherever I am...I am home.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks splummer! I like it, too 8)

Stealth Camper, yes, I might sell them depending on if I feel like making more of them after this first one :D

Bob...did your scarf look like this:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... idas+scarf

If so, I've seen them sell for almost $100 now days! They were a promotional item when Midas became the big sponsor of the men's freestyle open and Colgate became the sponsor for the women. Both events were given big air time on ABC's Wide World of Sports. Midas put up a grand prize of $25,000.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Bob

Post by Bob »

Wow! It was exactly like that! You are pretty good at finding stuff! btw...I just had some awesome oatmeal! :)
yugogypsy

Arts and Crafts

Post by yugogypsy »

Ah Ha, a crafty person like me! I'm just in the middle of making 2 scarves, one on a knitting loom and one on needles, and knitting a Christmas stocking for next year on tiny round needles, more socks to do yet--FOR ME, I'm running out of socks!

What else do you make ezrablue?

HUGS
Lois :)
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Bob...pass the bowl :D :roll:

lol

Lois...usually just big messes :D You asked before about making extra money...I paint, sew, wood working and even cut hair. Lots of things. Right now I'm doing a bus conversion for a living :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Arts and Crafts

Post by yugogypsy »

I'm a Market Gardener out of necessity, and a Community Hall kitchen helper by choice.

I worked in restaurants a lot of years.

I knit, crochet, loom knit, do some beading, a little macrame, nothing spectacular, good old fashioned embroidery and I have to do all my sewing by hand as my bodily electrics make sewing machines and most watches go bananas. :lol:

I also do a bit of photography, and cook, my specialty is cheese quiche with potato crust. I'll make 3 or 4 if Bob and Rudy come to visit! :D

For those of you living in cold climates, wintering up here might be an option. I'm going to have my carport roof raised so I can get my van in and start camperising that when I finish the bus, and I'll see what the max height I'm allowed is, think its 30 feet, that would be tall enough I hope if anyone needs to do a repair if they're here.

Hugs
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I used to do some beading but my eyes don't cooperate with that anymore. And I still do some macrame...I used to sell a lot of it back in the mid 70's out at the Apache Jct Greyhound Flea Market.

I looooooove quiche!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Arts and Crafts

Post by yugogypsy »

Well, when your bus is done, come on up, if you can't wait that long, I'll PM you the recipe!

I'm using bigger beads than I used to, but between my glasses and magnified light thing, I can still do some of the smaller stuff, same for fine crochet work & sewing.

I have to play "52 pick-up" with some beads that jumped off my tray and went everywhere, I'll be on my hands and knees for a while, there's a lot of stuff in this room.

my macrame has gotten smaller, chokers and necklaces as opposed to plant hangers as I can't reach up for long periods anymore, old car accident injuries complain when I do.

Happy Groundhog Day everyone! :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Speaking of Groundhog Day...this is the first time I can ever remember him saying Spring was coming early.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Arts and Crafts

Post by yugogypsy »

HURRAY!!!! :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Aren't all hogs more or less "ground" hogs?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

At some point they are :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.