That's IT, I want to live in a bus!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

yugogypsy

That's IT, I want to live in a bus!

Post by yugogypsy »

The DIS-advantages of owning a house built in 1966, before Canada had a building code, are many, especially in this house.

I just had to get a new pump in the well, and the wiring was done wrong, can't have hot water tank and pump on same circuit. So I have cold running water until I can afford to have the wiring fixed, after that I have to get a water softener unit, and a different filtration unit + a hot water tank. :( Many $$$$ until everything works right electrically.

Then there are a few structural mistakes to be fixed, and a bathroom wall-outside wall to of course, has to be taken apart due to rot.

And insulation, I need a vanload. Everything in this house is R-7, its supposed to be R-20 in the outside walls, R-28 in the ceilings and floors, and R-12 in the inside walls.

Power is supposed to be at 100 amps, it's only at 70, so I can't get insurance until I get an upgrade which involves a new fuse panel and having every wall in the house open to track wires, which we intended to do for insulating anyhow.

The outside of the house got painted 3 years ago, now its time for the inside to be done.

I don't have sheetrock, its all wood paneling, I'll have sheetrock behind the tub and walk in shower when the bathroom is done, but that's necessary.

So when the dust is flying and you're working on your bus, think of me with dust (or water) flying as a I figure out my house. :roll:

:) Lois
Bash On Regardless!