Wasn't sure where to put this but Wow

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Wasn't sure where to put this but Wow

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I watched the video. Now I gotta go change my shorts.
Got love? Give love.
splummer

Post by splummer »

i got so dizzy that fell out of my chair
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

My son showed me this one a few months ago....one thing I wondered is why they don't just make the wiring longer and put the electrical box at the bottom :?:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

This video shows one of the jobs I did while enlisted in the USAF. I was stationed at KESSLER AFB in BILOXI, MS and went TDY all over the world, I was assigned to the 1839th Engineering and Installation Group there, it is part of the Air Force Communications Command, and that is what it looks like up there. the thing they forgot to mention was the SAFETY CLIMB DEVICE is the last thing you install while building a tower. other jobs we did was work on radar units which is why I have been to Alaska 3 times, closest place to Russia is Tin City AK 38 nautical miles to Russia not sure what it was in regular miles. thats all they told us. We also installed telephone and coaxal cable on telephone poles and under ground including silos, the worst thing that ever scared me was gaffing out at 120 ft up on a butt connection (piece of pipe used to connect two telephones together end to end) antenna pole, and just happened at Barksdale AFB which is across the red river from my hometown. Thanks DENNIS for posting that, it is what I did for 4 years of my life. James in da GRAYDAWG

for those who might be saying sure, I will post a copy of my DD 214 to prove it, just got to find it
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
dburt

Post by dburt »

I couldn't watch the whole thing, being up that high really gets to me- the pucker factor is off the charts! :shock:

I would just die of fright while up there, and they would have to cut my fingers off just to get me unclenched from the ladder.

Graydawg, you gotta have real guts to do that- or maby be just plain crazy :D
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I bet that baby is movin from side to side to
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I never seen any guy wires on the tower in the video, and damn sure didn't have a elevator on any I ever worked on, the closet thing was a gin pole set up, to install the next section of tower with. The 2200' that I worked on in Germany swayed they said a 1/8 of a mile, I am not sure but it did sway, they might not even still have it with the newer electronics they use today, that was another team did that part, after working on one you would try to sway with the tower after you got down, it was comical. Most everything else we worked on were under 600' the control towers near the flight line, were 40' square and self supporting and they put a building on top, but those were always put together using cranes. we just built the structure, put the stairs up, I hated the stairs they should had to climb it like we did to go to work everyday.
I went in to the military with a guaranteed job in electronics, they did not say exactly what I would be doing, and when I got out of basic training the only JOBS they had available was what I took or become a military police and that was not going to happen, not me, never. So that is the way I ended up in communications construction, and what has my joints wore out now I'm sure, or at least didn't help. Today I might could climb 25' and would be in enough pain to stop me. James in da GRAYDAWG
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

After going back to watch it again you can't click on the area in the center you have to use the bottom one to get to the video
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG