Fuel, Wood and Other Prices

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Fuel, Wood and Other Prices

Post by ezrablu »

I thought it might be cool to let people know how much prices are where ever you are in case somebody is planning on coming through your area or even just to compare.

I'm in Central Wisconsin.

Cord of wood (mixed all hardwoods): $40 to $100 - average is about $50 or you can get a pickup truck load for $25
Slab wood $15 a bundle (8+ ft long and about 4 ft high steel strapped)
Diesel: $3.49 gal
Gas: $3.19 gal
Propane: $1.99
Fuel Oil: $3.18

A 30 pack Busch Light...$13
Smokes will burn ya $6.50-$7.50 a pack average.
Gallon of milk is about $2.60
Bread is 3 loaves for a buck at Kwik Trips :thumbup:

Here's a handy website to find out fuel prices pretty much anywhere:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Fuel, wood, and other costs

Post by yugogypsy »

Oh Blu, you've got it cheap where you are! :D

Canada IS expensive!

Firewood is $200 a cord here, furnace oil is $4.90 per gallon (Imperial gallon, 128 ozs)

GAS is $5.26 per gallon :shock: (mid-grade) and diesel is about $1 cheaper.

Now you know why Rick is out hunting dead trees for wood right now, and besides the fact the brakes and ball joints are shot, why I'm NOT driving my van.

Slab wood, Bob can get us for free when he's in a good mood, but he's been cranky lately

We're going to fix my car tomorrow, brakes etc okay on it, and its about $20 cheaper per month to run than the van and MUCH easier to park.
(Hyundai Pony)--its in that pic of my house I sent you.

We're going to visit the scrap lumber bin for wood ends when the car is fixed, right after I bring home a bale of timothy for my horse.

And there is a question for you-what are the prices there for feed and hay?
Feed averages $12 per 50lb bag here and hay is $4.50 a bale for first cut and $6.50 per bale for 2nd cut,

I get bread at the day old bakery for 50 cents a loaf, and "feed" bread at 10 cents a loaf.
Milk, $4.59 per Imperial gallon, smokes $10 for a 20 pack, tobacco, $22.00 for 50 grams, no idea about beer, I don't drink anymore, last I heard, a 6 pack was $13, don't use propane so no idea of the cost, close to gas though.

HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

I purchased gas and milk this weekend.

Gas for the lowest grade was $3.51 per gallon.

Milk for fat free was $3.06.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Cheapest gas in SE Oregon/SW Idaho is now about $3.09 for regular, and $3.69 for diesel. I want to find a bumper sticker that says "Support your Arab oil producter, buy more gas" :shock:

The head honcho of of the little oil producing country that starts with a Q, well, he has a collection of over 7,000 exotic and rare collector cars, some have never been driven, they are as new. Not to mention all of his private jets, yachts, mansions all over the world, etc. I would hate to think that he would have to lower his standard of living just so I can put food on the table and pay the electric bill :x
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I paid $3.38 for a pack of Marlboro special blend, about a buck cheaper than reg marlboro, and wasn't happy at all. they are usually $32.00 including tax for a carton, diesel was $3.49 propane last time I bought some in the sumer was $2.29, milk for generic 359 name brand 400, gasoline $3.29 for cheapest. just for ciggerettes alone a person would make a killing as a smuggler, I may not can ever afford to go back to Alaska in my lifetime. wow how can you afford to live there or do you learn to just do without. I just need to stay in a warmer climate, people cut trees down and either beg for someone to come pick them up or pay to have it done. I keep firewood all the time now and don't have a stove yet, my right front bay is full just for my grill. the home owner even came out and helped me load it in my truck. there is free firewood eveywhere in La. you usually just have to pick it up and haul it home. You can also buy it delivered and stacked but thats for rich folks only, last I seen was $110 for a 4x8 face cord of 18" to 24 "wood a cubic cord of 24" runs from 180 to 220 delivered and split, mainly straight red oak with no cull wood
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Gas here in central Wisconsin yesterday was $3.36 and diesel was $3.64....going up :roll: :x
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Gas 87- 3.45 andeisel is 3.80
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Just what I needed! :x

I qualify for fuel assistance, maybe a diesel stove.....
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Yesterday gas was $3.65 and diesel was $4.15.

It is getting to the point where we will need to "mortgage the ranch" just to pay for fuel to get to town to purchase necessities.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Wow, Mark...prices are getting up there by you. :cry: I need to take my big empty fuel cans and fill them today because it's just gonna keep going up now.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

I probably don't need to say it but I will anyway. If you are going to store gasoline you need to take precautions.

Make sure the fuel is stored in safe containers in a safe location that is not connected to your living quarters.

If the fuel is blended with ethanol make sure you add some sort of stabilizer to it and you use it within 30-days. If you store it any longer it will not work very well.

Ethanol will attract water. In metal cans or tanks it can rust out the bottom and cause a leak.

It is also very corrosive and if the plastic isn't rated for ethanol it will eat through it as well.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks Mark...I have several big plastic kind. I figure in 30 days fuel will be even higher so even saving myself a few bucks on diesel will help. I do have some of that fuel stabilizer you mentioned, too. Most all of the farmers around here have 55 gallon and bigger drums built on legs to hold fuel for their tractors. I wish I could afford to do something like that. I know it's cheaper to buy bulk like that for a farm and I could get farm discount since it's zoned agriculture and rent it out for hay.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Diesel is not the same as gas when it comes to breaking down.

Just make sure you have a good way in which to seperate the water from the diesel. Fouling your fuel filters with water can become very expensive very fast.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Diesel $4.25 here today.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Good to know Mark...see, I don't know much of anything about maintenance for my bus so things like this are very helpful, thanks again :wink:

Getting up there Chuck...every summer it's the same crap :x
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed