Fuel, Wood and Other Prices

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

dburt

Post by dburt »

Gas in SW Idaho is now about $3.41 and diesel is about $3.88

Just accross the border in Oregon it is about 10-12 cents higher.

Let's all home that the 'day of rage' some of the Saudi's have scheduled for March 11 is a wash- otherwise if the oil speculators see something that threatens thier enormous profits in the possible rioting or problems that could come out of March 11, then we might look back at $4 a gallon gas or $5 diesel as the good old days.

If you don't know how to ride a scooter or a motorcyle, it might be time to learn. There is a reason they are so popular in SE Asia and Europe. I saw on the news that in G Britian they pay almost $10 a gallon for fuel.
I suspect that even bicycles are really popular there also :D
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

A cord of fire wood is between 275 and 300 here :D why not by feul at that rate :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Regular gas is around $2.80 per litre at the moment, or $7.86 per US Gal, here in NZ. Or around US$5.68 Gal.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

dburt....I bought myself a new bike last summer. Good timing.

Dennis...that's nuts...ya think wood grew on trees or something. Oh wait... :D

Stuart...and we complain! How can people afford to drive there? Are prices supposed to go up for you guys over there, too?
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

If it goes up any higher yaw will see my picture on the most siphoned list, already got the 50 gallon tank in the bed of my truck, pump and a water hose in the tool box, and 5 truckstops in a 10 mile radius, now just got to get the balls to do it. :D
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

My buses have lockable doors over the the feul tanks but I guess it's a good idea to get a locking cap for the jeep.
Peace along the way
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

hey that's a good idea...I'm gonna do that for my bus asap. I think it's gonna be a pretty common thing soon (more than now anyway)
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Yep, one holds 180 gal and is more then 1/2 full and this one is 145 and is topped off 8) even gass at 4 or 5 bucks a gallon the knockheads will be out :wink:
Peace along the way
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

ezrablu wrote: Stuart...and we complain! How can people afford to drive there? Are prices supposed to go up for you guys over there, too?
Because oil is traded on the international market, our prices go up when yours do. What exacerbates our situation is the US summer driving season and the US winter heating oil consumption. Another words American fuel consumption has the biggest seasonal effect on our prices.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Gee Stuart...I had no idea our fuel use affected other countries like that :cry:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Now you know for sure you got to get off that rock and get on our rock, and bring some neat old buses with you, commodere a ferry boat, load up with old busses and other neat stuff, get to port and sell the stuff you don't want to keep have plenty duckies to buy more stuff with and fuel money to travel on, sounds doable to me. When will you be here, I will try to meet you at the port so I can get first pickins, you know how greedy americans are, by the way the first ten picks are free for giving you the idea, just sort of a commission you could call it, see ya soon.
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

graydawg wrote:Now you know for sure you got to get off that rock and get on our rock, and bring some neat old buses with you, commodere a ferry boat, load up with old busses and other neat stuff, get to port and sell the stuff you don't want to keep have plenty duckies to buy more stuff with and fuel money to travel on, sounds doable to me. When will you be here, I will try to meet you at the port so I can get first pickins, you know how greedy americans are, by the way the first ten picks are free for giving you the idea, just sort of a commission you could call it, see ya soon.
:D :D James, I think must be past your bed time. :D
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I am still up Chuck, usually sleep 3 or 4 hrs a night, unless I take a sleepy pill, then 10 to 14 hrs but only get 14 per month, Doc is scared I will get hooked on them, imagine that. Stuart wants to tour the US and this way we could keep him over here. I am sure you would be at the port the same day, to scarf up the goodys he would bring. It would be a international trade thing as well. He loads ships for a living, finding a ferry boat is not out of his expertise. he sails so he wouldn't get lost. and the man takes some fantastic pictures, likes 4 wheelin we got that here. I have contacs at the port here in Shreveport, La could even help him meet folks there. its not as far fetched as it might sound to you. Stuart try to come to New Orleans La. port if you hurry you will get to go to Mardi Graux, call me when you get there you will get on the Mississippi River go North take a left at the Red River go NW can't get lost. Chuck if he brings a double decker you can buy it from him bottom floor a workshop top floor living quarters, now are you happy. :D :D :D :D
PS have only used the pump to transfer fuel back when I was hotshotting, but always said when it got too high to buy I would, but would get caught the first time, I can't get away with anything.
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »