Soup Kitchens, Food Pantries and Homeless Shelters

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Soup Kitchens, Food Pantries and Homeless Shelters

Post by ezrablu »

Might come in handy for travelers....

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/

There is a link on the top of the page that says Soup Kitchens for Food Banks, etc. for the whole USA
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Food Banks, homeless shelters & Soup Kitchens

Post by yugogypsy »

http://intraspec.ca/homelessCanada.php

And here is the link for the Canadians among us, hope it helps.

Good idea by the way Blu--VERY good idea!!!!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I saved it, hope I never need it, I can fish , hunt, and still run a trotline, actually is one of my favorite fishing ways, in La you just got to stay in the boat, or you could taste like chicken to a alligator, but it is legal to shoot one if it is attacking you, then you call the game wardon and turn yourself in, and there are people that do it, never really understood that myself, but people still amaze me and are free entertainment as well. I just allways thought of it as a gift from above food and a new pair of boots
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hey, If you got enough food and stuff, stop and lend a hand and pick up a few karma point for the cubord in case you run short somewhere down the road 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I never went hungry and not about to start now, you are saying these places just give out free food all the time, or just when they have it, or do you just go to these places for a free meal if you are needy. there is a church not far from me that gives out free meals once aweek, I volunteer when I can just usually cleanup type work, vacumning the hallways, wiping down tables just whatever needs doing, they actually came and checked on me because I missed the last two weeks, it kind of surprised me, but they are good folks I know there are other places, but I am doing good to volunteer once a week, for 3 or 4 hours. and I sometimes overdoit and spend the next day in bed, but it is for a good cause, they even have doctors and nurses doing community health care. They take decent care of me at the VA, so I don't need to waste their time there are a lot more folks that need it and I don't so to me that is stealing or abusing the system in my mind.
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

FYI to any of you planning to come up to visit, our food bank is open on Tuesdays.

If you're visiting me-you're a temporary resident in my home, and I can get you food.

But I'll be honest, I had a friend (who I miss a lot-passed away) who taught me to feed 20 at a seating with very little.

I'm going to find another big soup pot, if All else fails, I'll clean the fridge and make soup.

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Right on Dennis...even if we don't need help we can always be giving it. It's real what goes around comes around eventually.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yep 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

If anyone wants to come up in late summer, I will send you home with a bunch of home canning.

No problem with that going across the border because the canning kills the bugs.

I have at LEAST 1/10th of my property in gardens, so don't worry about eating.

RUDY: I do NOT grow them horrid green things, they don't do well here-bugs & slugs.

Dennis: got chickens for fresh eggs, and a neighbor who raises meat chickens & will give me one to smoke.

I know I may not meet all of you for a while, but I'd like to meet a few! :)

HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
kb2iaw

Re: Food Banks, homeless shelters & Soup Kitchens

Post by kb2iaw »

yugogypsy wrote:If anyone wants to come up in late summer, I will send you home with a bunch of home canning.

No problem with that going across the border because the canning kills the bugs.

I have at LEAST 1/10th of my property in gardens, so don't worry about eating.

RUDY: I do NOT grow them horrid green things, they don't do well here-bugs & slugs.

Dennis: got chickens for fresh eggs, and a neighbor who raises meat chickens & will give me one to smoke.

I know I may not meet all of you for a while, but I'd like to meet a few! :) *** Smoking Chickens ??? those feathers must smell something Awfull when lit up *** LOL

HUGS
Lois