Why do you remain single (unmarried)?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Headache

Post by Headache »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:Can we talk about guns insted :D
I'm a firm believer in gun control. I use both hands! :lol:
yugogypsy

Why do you remain single (unmarried)

Post by yugogypsy »

:D , oh Blu, thanks, I needed a giggle!

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Headache

Post by Headache »

ezrablu wrote:Don't worry Lois...Dennis don't have no beef with you (yet). And besides, he can't shoot that far cuz his barrel ain't that long no matter how much he brags :D
Hahahahahaha, well you know that tool shed covers the tool and being it doesn't get any sun it can't grow!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OOH BOY!!

I asked if we could relate positive aspects of single life.

This is NOT a rant and rave thread.

Truthfully, I'd rather talk about guns.

Please keep replies limited to positive aspects of single life.

This is Not Craigslist.

Thank you.

Rudy
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

:D :thumbup: :D :!:

ROFL

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm positively tired and my heart is good and broke :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Okay Rudy,

Positives, no one to nag me, no one to restrict my freedom or influence my decisions.

Negatives: My medical condition. I have an Endocrine problem, lack of potassium, and it's not advisable for me to live alone.

And I can't afford to live alone, I tried it and darn near starved after paying the household bills.

And if you guys wanna talk guns-tell me what you know about a 54 cal. Hawken, percussion cap model, blackpowder rifle or an M-1 Garand, or a Cooey 22, or a Colt 38, or Navy Arms 44 black-powder pistol.

I know a fair bit about black powder, even though I'm allergic to gunpowder & sulfa drugs

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

I enjoyed the single life for many years. But being single forever was never my goal in life.

Single life had a lot of things going for it. No one had demands on my time unless I agreed to them. If I wanted to read in bed all night long no one was there to say turn off the light. If I wanted to not get dressed all day Saturday no one was there to say otherwise. No one could make demands of my $$$ unless I agreed.

The operative word was one. And after awhile, particularly when all of my friends were in the nesting mode, being a one was no longer very fun for me.

Being single in a doubles world has its drawbacks as well as its attractions.

I finally got serious about not being single and found my soulmate online at yahoo.com.

I got married for the first time at age 44.

At times I have to admit that dealing with my wife is like petting a porcupine--one must do it very carefully.

But the truth of the matter is that the worst day with her is better than the best day without her.

And without her I would not be the proud father of a beautiful girl who will be 3 in August.

So while I did like the many years I was single I embrace married life and thank God for my wife and daughter every day.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Ok, joking aside...because I was married and dating the same person for 28 years. I've only been single 2 years and haven't been able to bring myself to even date.

So far I'm enjoying the mental and emotional freedom I have being single. I've never had that.

Mark...nicely put...I'm really happy for you ♥ I don't think we aren't meant to be alone...we just need to find the right person to be with.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

Ditto from me Mark :)

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

I was married for 12 years and im single now for 22 and I like it better for the most part :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Been married three times, still with wife #3 :wink:

Wife #1 was killed in a car wreck, so I remarried quickly- (on the rebound) because I had a one year old son and wanted to put my life back together again. Made the mistake of marrying the wrong person, it lasted 8 years till she ran off with her old boyfriend. But I got a great daughter plus two stepdaughters out of the deal and I really love them all.

Got some good friends who prefer to be single, they have more time to do thier own thing, not have to take into account another person's preferences or feelings, come and go as they please, etc. As we age, we get more set in our ways and you know it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks :lol:

Some folks like company and a companion, other folks seem content to be alone. My favorite aunt once said "it is better to be lonely and alone then lonely and with someone". :roll:

If you have kids/grandkids, and/or lots of relatives and friends then old age is not so bad alone. But if you don't have a good social support network then perhaps it leads some to seek a more permanent companion so as to fight off the loneliness. But some folks just seem happier alone then with someone.

Didn't Three Dog Night sing about 'one is the loneliest number' . . . . .
yugogypsy

Post by yugogypsy »

A companion, who SHARES your interests, has values and morals close to your own, and is open about communicating their feelings, is a gift from God.

This is quote from my late friend Elizabeth, who lived in that sort of relationship for over 30 years, to the end of her life, her partner, my friend Keith, died just over a month ago (they were much older than I)

I hope that some day, I am that lucky

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Now before I make myself seem like a chauvinistic jackass :roll: I better clear some something up here. As most of the hommies here know I raised MLE my daughter from age 7 on my own and put every bit of focus I had in to it while running a good size business and at 29 she’s one of the finest young woman I know 8) and one of my best friends :wink: and if having to do it again it would be my pleasure. But she only got her own place after she finished college 3 years ago or so and it really feels good to have a little independence back in my life. I just don’t think people are wired for what’s known as a “long term committedâ€
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.