Why do you remain single (unmarried)?

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Why do you remain single (unmarried)?

Post by Rudy »

I am thinking that there will be some good responses to this question.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Oooooh Boooy 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

You have to ask?
Headache

Post by Headache »

I remain single now to spare that poor man from what would turn into punishment for us both.

Things start out okay, they always do. But once the things that are "wrong" with me from the brain damage become more obvious, they want to "fix" me. These things cannot be fixed and they don't understand that. Mind you, the arthritis is "okay", it's what they can't see that gets them all white knightish.

Then things move on to "if you just had the willpower", "if you just took {enter pharmaceutical}", "if you had the motivation", "if you just did{enter vague idea}", etc. When this doesn't work they become resentful because love doesn't "conquer" all. Then the abuse starts and calling me stupid and lazy begins.

They just can't see that everyday I overcome most obstacles all by myself and if I need help, I'll ask for it. They want to rescue what doesn't need rescuing. They don't understand that they are in my life because I made a conscience decision to include them, not because my survival depended on them being there.

After trying to work that racket for most of 25 years I gave up. It's not worth it to torture myself and him. I prefer tranquility.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

This just came to me. I posted it on the Quotes thread. It has something to do with this thread as well.

" My heart cries out in it's loneliness. My mind revels in it's solitude" (Rudy Harley)
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I am still looking for ms right to come along

plus I'm not paper trained, I prefer it that way, they get tired or bored or realize they want something else, they are free to leave at anytime, keeps both parties on their toes in the respect department as well. No lawyers or judges to deal with, split whatever property that both have worked for and go peacefully, a one sided relationship doesn't work, and there is no sense in being unhappy, LIFE IS TOO SHORT what works for some doesn't work for others. I must have been born a late hippy not sure.
James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I sure opened up a can of worms here.

I weigh the pros and cons of single life daily.

I'd like to hear the good reasons why any one of you are still single.
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

Other than can't find anyone that crazy yet, some women and I am trying to step carefully, just can't understand why anyone would live in a BUS for the rest of their life. Can you imagine that, I probably need to go live on a commune somewhere and just be a hippy.
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Cuz I only enjoy doing things I do well and I don’t do relationships well :roll: I do enjoy crashing in to another "grownup" from time to time though 8) " Friends with benefits as the kids call it:wink: Relationships are very difficult for everyone these days and alot of us have stopped fooling ourselves about this kind of stuff. Don't get me wrong here. I do believe that the next and maybe the last mrs, Bus dweller may very well be out there with her dreds and dirt feet :D we just haven't crashed in to each other yet 8) I love the thought of marriage or long term relationships but "i" just have never been good at them :roll:
Peace along the way
Headache

Post by Headache »

graydawg wrote:plus I'm not paper trained
^^^^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^^^

I am SO with you on that gray! I'm NOT a car! I don't need a title!

Morality police drive my eastern woodlands Indian ideals CRAZY! In the down home simplest sense of the words, divorce was putting the guys stuff out on the porch and closing then door, the end. No drama, no ripping each other apart, done.

Dennis, my longest "F" buddy was 2 years. It was great until he started acting all weird and thinking I wanted to make things more permanent. I couldn't pack out of there fast enough! No, I didn't live there but I did have a full supply of ceramic paints and such in his garage and his place was a farm out in the country. Who'd NOT want to spend time out there! Sheesh!

Rudy it may not be apparent but I feel my reason for remaining single is a positive one. I'm okay with it and I'm sparing someone else the pain and heartache. I really do feel that is more positive than the alternative. Plus, my beliefs and cultural doings are so different from the mainstream religions that unless they are accustomed to them as well, I might as well have stepped out of a space ship.
yugogypsy

Why do you remain single (unmarried)

Post by yugogypsy »

Because a compassionate guy with a working brain hasn't come along yet.

I live with this horrid selfish Rick because we can't afford to live apart and he's my daughter's Dad.(and that was the BIGGEST mistake I ever made)

Hate him nearly every day of my life-especially today when I'm sick and he's being twisted and evil, calling me derogatory names.

Hell, he's the one who f'd his head with liquor,acid, and amanita mushrooms + repeated falls on his head.

And he says I belong in a psych ward--if murder were legal-he'd be dead

I kid you not, that's how horrid he is.

Now you know why I so desperately want company this summer, a relief from hell. :cry:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Because my head is tired and my heart is broke.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

This is a hot one for sure 8) Can we talk about guns insted :D
Peace along the way
yugogypsy

Why do you remain single (unmarried)

Post by yugogypsy »

Dennis,

No guns please, the most abusive guy I ever lived with, back 11 years or more ago-had guns--and a yen to kill me for my property.

After he tried choking me, I got him RCMP'd outta here

Lois
PS: How has a great cook like you escaped the ladies anyhow?
Bash On Regardless!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Don't worry Lois...Dennis don't have no beef with you (yet). And besides, he can't shoot that far cuz his barrel ain't that long no matter how much he brags :D
Last edited by ezrablu on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed