Computers

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Computers

Post by Rudy »

Here's a fun idea. Let's all take photos of our computers and post them on this thread. :)
Got love? Give love.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

OK!
Jones'n4chrome

Re: Computers

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Rudy wrote:Here's a fun idea. Let's all take photos of our computers and post them on this thread. :)
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

:D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
somewhereinusa

Re: Computers

Post by somewhereinusa »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:
Rudy wrote:Here's a fun idea. Let's all take photos of our computers and post them on this thread. :)
and that was when?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Hey, He keeps a nice neat desk 8)
Peace along the way
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

My bedroom is actually the laundry room with a stacked washer and dryer and a gas furnace. So, needless to say, there's barely enough room for a desk at the foot of my twin bed where my pc sits. The good thing is I sit/lay on my bed to use my pc...comfy for watching movies....

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Looks hommie to me 8)
Peace along the way
rlaggren

Post by rlaggren »

Might want to consider a CO alarm if you're sleeping with a furnace... Gas appliance in a bed room is illegal anywhere in the USA because a little something slightly wrong and you die or become brain dead - in your sleep. Here's some buzz.

http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-catego ... -Awareness

OK. Done my duty. Sorry 'bout that EB, but the risk is real and the result is final.

Rufus
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

wow Rufus...I didn't know it was illegal not to mention that dangerous. Yes, I will buy a CO alarm. Thank you so much for the heads up. Strange thing is I've laid in my bed freaking myself out that "what if it blows up" but never once thought about it leaking.

I'll never sleep tonight :shock:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I thought you were high on something Ezrablu never new you was doing fumes though, I was originally thinking it was nice to keep mom closer to the washer and dryer so you could save steps and as cold as it gets up there keep her warm as well, maybe you need to look for insurance policies now, but seriously he is right it is dangerous, but I did not know it was agaist the law as well. With the way houses are built now it is a concern, growing up we had open face gas heaters, it was a older house with single pane wood windows, you couldn't have got co poisoning if you tried too then, the older houses breathed as some people put it, most just said they were inefficient, but if there was a attic fan pulling air in the windows on a hot summer night it was sure a peaceful sleep, now you have to run a 5 ton ac unit. Was we better off then or now
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

BANANA SPLITS!!! :lol:
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

One Banana, two banana, three banana, four....if ezra don't get a CO alarm she might not be breathin any more!

James, this house is out right windy inside :D Which is why maybe I'm still alive and kickin in this gas chamber bedroom.

When I was a kid The place we lived in was an unfinished hunting cabin. During the winter there was literally ice on the floors and we could skate in there. I'm not kidding. I slept with a pile of blankets on me, my coat, hat and mittens. I woke up so tired for school in the morning because the blankets were so heavy I couldn't turn over. We heated the little cabin with a kerosene space heater...it was round, about 12" across and about 3 feet tall. It didn't do much for heating but better than nothing. We didn't even have hot water or a flushing toilet. We had just moved from Chicago to start a farm....our parents had seen that kind of life but, yep, us kids were city slickers gone to Green Acres :D

Anyway, one night in the middle of the night I heard my mom and dad laughing hysterically. I got up and saw their bedroom light was on so I went in there and here they were black as coal...all I could see were the whites of their eyes and teeth when they laughed :D

When they saw me they busted out laughing even louder. Well, unknown to me, I looked the same. Pretty soon the other 5 kids were up and we were all laughing hysterically....we all looked like we had been dipped in tar.

Evidently it went out and the wick was smoldering or something. It didn't take long for my mom's laughing to turn to tears once she realized it also covered the entire inside of the cabin and everything we owned...which we had JUST finished painting a few days before.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

WOW EZRABLU, you had it rougher than I did growing up, I spent most of my time in the city of Shreveport La on the weekends was in a little community of Sibley, summer we gardened my Grandparents place winter was in the woods hunting and camping mostly Bienville and Webster Parish (county everywhere else) had a Uncle in Lake Charles and other family scattered all over La and E tx, survived it, and learned allot over the years. My right shoulder is probably wore out from cranking a hand meat grinder and homemade Ice Cream maker as well. There was always something to do, we never had a chance to get board or get into much trouble back then. It was a good life overall.
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

My 84 year old mom sitting in front of my computer that I use for internet. It is a Compaq Presario 2100.

She does not know anything about computers. She just happened to be sitting at the table.

I must also show you pics of my 12 year old iMac "Ruby" that I use to control my recording studio.

Got love? Give love.