DIY Thermal Shades/Curtains

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rrrraaaawwwwr Dennis :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

If you are in a bus without insulation , in the summer when the sun comes out it gets bloody hot!
In the winter when the sun goes away , it gets bloody cold!

Just thought I'd say...
58 Bedford House
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I have not pulled my ceiling down yet in my 4106, but whats up there now is not going to get it, was sitting in the direct noon day til dark sun in this little park I am in, with both rooftops going full blast, in August the only thing made it bearable was a water sprinkler on the roof. I will have a white roof before this summer starts, if nothing else, it is peeling dark charcoal gray now. so much to do, with no funds to help, surely no one else has this problem as well. James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Look closely at the Reflectix type stuff. It is a thin metal layer (aluminum) with some bubble wrap. Not really much insulation value. Only blocks one type of heat transfer (can't remember name - old guy moment - radiant???).

If you put it in the roof of a metal roof bus, then you already have that type of blockage in the roof itself. No added value other than the bubble wrap. The roof is performing the reflective while bubble wrap blocks some of conductive. And not much of that. Tigerfoam under the metal roof would be massively more effective.

Tigerfoam is one that I have looked at and it is fantastic! Closed cell polyurethane that has a fire rated version. Expensive, but a bus is small and well worth the added expense. There is even some 'structural' component to the stuff. Friend did his house with a version of this stuff and it is really very good.
yugogypsy

Thermal Curtains

Post by yugogypsy »

Hi Folks,Pit Stop will get insulation, and I'm planning on some heavy curtains and window quilts.

No response so far to my WANTED ad for a bus that runs, but I'll keep looking. Hope to get something like Pit Stop, not big, not small. Did miss one that an idiot :twisted: friend sent to the crusher that I coulda had for Free :x

That made me mad, and I'll be doing some yelling if I see the guy-so if you hear bad language in Wisconsin Blu, it'll be me cussing up here.

Take Care all, and if I "disappear" for a few days, don't worry, have to have some minor tests at the hospital, try and figure out why I can't gain weight :roll:

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Miss Priss

Post by Miss Priss »

Good luck with the tests yugogypsy. I will say a lil prayer for ya... :wink:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Lois, eat five bananas every day.
Got love? Give love.
yugogypsy

DIY thermal curtains and such

Post by yugogypsy »

Rudy,

I feel the same way about Bananas as you feel about them horrid green things!

Spuds got potassium, so does pineapple I'd rather eat those thanks

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

It took me 6 months to sell the big yellow schoolie I had, Arron was out the other day driving around in a cow pasture with it, he called and was so happy he could barely get it all out, kept saying how peppy the engine was, it should local school board spent $5800 for a new engine, 10 months before it went to auction, he said he could only get enough speed in the cow pasture to go to third gear, said it sure was pulling strong, I told him it still has a 4th and will go 75 to 80 mph. I think he will be a future BUS NUT if he does not roll it in the cow pattys, may work as a good insulation though, so get ready. I have only known him for about 2 1/2 years, I think he is realizing this all didn't just start yesterday with me. I bought the bus in 2001, well truthfully bought 2 busses that day,but didn't know there were that many like minded folks around, I sold it for $500 and it came with a lot of materials he will need. At least he will get some use out of it, he has already started building it, and calls every few days with updates, he doesn't like computers. He has a wife and 2 young kids that will enjoy their project and bug out rig.
James in da Graydawg
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG