Free Parking

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Good to hear things are going well for you, Bob. Thanks for the update....have a safe, fun trip...and please post more photos of journeys!
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Bob wrote:I will let you all know about more free parking in Austin....time to drive! :)
OMG!! I so want to go there and visit the SRV statue! Stevie Ray is one of my all time favorite songwriters and blues guitarists!!

Okay, popping in Riviera Paradise!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Stevie was the bomb 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Made it to Austin! It is a big place. My usual routine is finding a parking spot (Walmart for now) studying google maps, locating whatever I want to do on google maps, and making phone calls. So far I found at least 6 nights with pool tournaments, some of them also have live music, and a couple of good open mics to get heard and do some jamming.
I will be lucky to get a day off here! :D
Wherever I am...I am home.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Walmart has been a fine place to park here for a few days. Tomorrow I am driving to Roundrock to play music and pool at the same place. Skinny Bob's. I am hoping to park there for 3 days...that way home is right there durring the tournament.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Drats, Bob....look what you JUST missed!

http://sxsw.com/
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Bob

Post by Bob »

I know I missed that and it is probably best. I am sure it was a blast but it is also very expensive! Whatever you want to do it costs you another $200. I have enjoyed doing some jamming in Austin but right now home is moved up to Round Rock. (about 15 miles north) I am taking the jeep back to Austin tonight to play pool...music is fun but pool is also way fun and it usually pays the bills. The Walmart here is VERY nice...and right around the corner from Skinny Bob's! :D
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

/squeals like a little girl

In that Voodoo Chile vid he breaks a string and keeps on playing.

I agree with one post, I don't believe he was of this world.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

As many times as I have been through Austin, Tx I haven't seen his memorial, its about 325 miles from me, On PBS they have the Austin city limits concerts all the time, in 85 I was working in Beaumont Tx when he played the star spangled banner at one of the games in Houston, I read about it in the newspaper, was working too many hours to even think about going then. As soon as I get back to flea marketing, one of the mkts I have done before is Canton Tx First Monday Trade Days, I will drop down and visit the memorial and hopefully get tickets to Austin City Limits then, wander if they will let me and my bus on the grounds, would be a memorable weekend for sure, and might just stay. Could sell my paintings of the sidewalk I guess, would have to get my but in gear painting. Just out of curiosity I wonder what a ceramic SRV statue would go for painted in bronze, gold, copper or antiqued. I will see if I can locate some around the Austin Ceramic shops. update did some research and checking and without getting into copywrite issues and expense can't be done, it was a thought anyway.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG