How about some thoughts and prayers for these folks };o)

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

How about some thoughts and prayers for these folks };o)

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

First it was Chile, then New Zealand and now Japan. These earthquakes are really devastating the lives of these folks and they need our help. Here in the US we all find ourselves complaining about the cost of fuel, food and other things when in reality we have it pretty good most of the time. These are not folks that we’re at war with or that have caused us any great harm and there hurtin pretty bad so if we can afford to, we should do the best we can to give them a leg up. If you got a few extra bucks to give, then give it or if you see a food drive around town, make sure you put a case of water or food in that truck and if you can’t afford to pitch in with food or funds then hit those knees kids and pray that these people can somehow make there way back from these catastrophic events. There man, women and children buried under piles of what used to buildings who need help desperately. Remember, when you look outside and see that your neighbors just got themselves a new SUV and your old Chevy has a rust spot or they just put a huge extension on there home and you live in a cramped little cottage ( or a bus ) or even that the neighbors go out to eat at a different restaurant every night and your all bummed out about it. These folks listed above have all these wonderful thing and there all buried under piles of broken concrete and steel. So ya see, we have good. I’m not gonna harp on this but im gonna say it one last time, Lets help them out. It will come back to us 10 fold somewhere down the road for sure :wink:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dennis, I have been listening to news reports on the radio. It is dreadful.

It's easy for me to become consumed with my puny problems. In the large scheme of things, I need to change my attitude.

I don't have any relatives buried under rubble.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Roger that 8)
Peace along the way
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I saw a quick little news blurb that said people from Australia and New Zealand were going to Japan to help. NZ, even with their problems - thinking about others.
Bob

Post by Bob »

This is such a tragedy! Dennis you got it right about doing whatever we can..it is a pity it takes something like this to remind people that we are all on this earth together. It makes me sick that as this is going on there are people in other parts of the world still killing for power and money. The contrast makes them seem so shallow. All I got is prayer right now..but I am willing to share all I got!
This is a good heads up for all of us..we have a jump start by living in vehicles...get your solar happening..water tanks a plenty..always keep a full fuel tank..and Be Ready!
I am glad the site is back!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Roger That Bob, it's so weird that there are still folks out worrying about kickin each others asses :wink: If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny, those jackasses 8)
Peace along the way
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Ya see, now it may be time to shove out all the illegals to make room for these folks that are hurtin. We don't really have room for hundreds of thosends of more people here but what else can be done with all these "good" people. So if the US gets rid of all the ones that slid under the fench then we have room and funds to help these folks get back on the feet :roll: What do I know, im just a guy who lives in a bus :wink:
Peace along the way
Headache

Post by Headache »

Just a pause for the cause...

Not trying to make waves because the site rocks. Just a gentle reminder that we weren't all cut from the same cloth and I am a proud Indigenous descendant that hopes one day that all The People can freely travel as our ancestors did for thousands of years. At least Canada gave us the Jay Treaty.

Many of those that were "fenced out" traditionally lived on both sides until the US Cavalry cut them off permanently. This would include Sequoyah, the great creator of the Cherokee syllabary who went to Mexico to avoid being starved or slaughtered in the U.S. push for genocide of our peoples. The descendants of these people still exist. Some who have "slid under the fence" are from the same ancestry that my sister and step brother descend from.

Getting back on topic I'm also concerned for my half-sister's family who are Japanese natives. Dad hasn't said anything as of yet.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Opps I guess I got a little close to edge wit dis one :D No offence intended
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

We are ALL one race - Humans.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:Opps I guess I got a little close to edge wit dis one :D No offence intended
None taken Dennis. I have seen from your posts that you in your heart are a peaceful man. I just grabbed an educational moment. :)
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

:wink:
Peace along the way