INCREDIBLE Weather!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

INCREDIBLE Weather!

Post by ezrablu »

Hey Duelfuel...did you guys get the storm up there that we've had going on since last night? There was amazing lightening storm that lasted most of the night! It was like blue strobe lights and blue bolts shooting everywhere during a blizzard! Unbelievable thunder, too. We ended up with over a foot of snow so far.

We had every possible kind of precipitation; rain, sleet, hail, snow...incredible storm. It even caused the television tower to colapse and shut down the local television and radio stations...now cable tv is letting them broadcast from them until they can rebuild.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/WEAU ... child.html

Sorry, splummer....hang on for another one coming your way Shocked
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

Dear Ezra,
We got about an inch, mostly lake effect. We did hear about that storm down there. Apparently they got eleven inches in Marinette, and the Menominee Lake Shore drive is closed indefinitely.
Here its just been perfect. Windy and solar so both power systems are cranking! I did laundry, cut wood, and cut lumber for the green house all off grid and still had a full battery bank when the sun went down.
Its going to be one of those years where the bulb flowers come up out of the snow. If it does, I will take photos and put them up here.
DF
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Ezra,
Were you lucky enough to camp in your bus during that storm?
I love being in a vehicle during storms like that, as long as I'm not driving that is.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Chuck...nah, BUT I sure wish I could have slept in my bus for it. I love storms, too. Last summer I slept in my pickup truck for a couple. Even a tornado once (which was not planned but no where to go).

I was supposed to haul the two batteries back out to my bus on Monday. but my son had a roofing job so his vehicle wasn't available for me to use to do it. Then, the next day, the storm hit (yesterday). Now it's gonna be darn cold again for another week so IF I wanna even get to my bus I'll have to dig my way in again.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

We don't get good storms around here. Most of the best ones I see, are when I'm out of town.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Bummer! We get beautiful storms here. Sometimes some scary ones that are still incredible but make me sleep in the bathtub :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:We don't get good storms around here. Most of the best ones I see, are when I'm out of town.
When I lived up that way I remember it being relatively quiet as well.

Then we moved to the Phoenix area and had thunderstorms almost every afternoon in the summer, coupled with +100 degree weather and then some real whoppers at night. It was the first time I'd ever seen ball lightning. I could stand the heat but the thunderstorms scared the hell out of me. :shock:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Yesterday
Today
Battle Cats stomping ground
Last edited by Dennis The Bus Dweller on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Headache

Post by Headache »

What's the time difference between those pics Dennis?

We had a little snow here but it wasn't much more than a glorified dusting.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

A day :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
splummer

Re: INCREDIBLE Weather!

Post by splummer »

ezrablu wrote:Hey Duelfuel...did you guys get the storm up there that we've had going on since last night? There was amazing lightening storm that lasted most of the night! It was like blue strobe lights and blue bolts shooting everywhere during a blizzard! Unbelievable thunder, too. We ended up with over a foot of snow so far.

We had every possible kind of precipitation; rain, sleet, hail, snow...incredible storm. It even caused the television tower to colapse and shut down the local television and radio stations...now cable tv is letting them broadcast from them until they can rebuild.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/WEAU ... child.html

Sorry, splummer....hang on for another one coming your way Shocked
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
splummer

Post by splummer »

iam not :shock: i just wished that forecast was mine tho. it is snowing again and will be tommorrow :cry: .i need it to be all gone , but on the other hand if it melts to fast it will be a problem ,pictures somee place here on our big melt a few years ago , so the rate its going sno will be on the ground in may, :(
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Just a repeat of what I said on your thread since it applies:

I hear ya....we've had flooding and flood warnings for the past two weeks straight then get that big storm Tuesday. Crazy weather. I'm glad the temperatures dropped again here for this week to slow down the melting. Last year the road to my land was completely washed out for over a month before the township was able to rebuild it. And even though it's out of the way, thank goodness I can get in there from the opposite direction.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

BUMMER Dennis! That's how it happened here...within 24 hrs back to full blown winter weather :/

You should make a kitty door on your bus for BC :thumbup: :mrgreen:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Earlier this week it was over 80 degrees. Today it is 47 and windy.
Got love? Give love.