Buried Treasure

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Buried Treasure

Post by Rudy »

When you have to scale down the number of items that you possess, you are forced to look through boxes of stuff to determine what you are gonna keep, and what must go.

I am presently in the phase of ridding myself of what will not fit in the bus.

I went to the barn today to bring in a few boxes of stuff to see what was in them and figure out where I was gonna put stuff that I wanted to keep.

Living in a "spaceship" means that there is little room for art objects.

There are, however, some things that I want to hold on to.

I discovered some things that have been buried in a box for over a decade. I am so glad to have found them. Some of them have been made by me. Some REALLY cool stuff was made by the Tin Men.

I took a few pics today. I will take more. For now , here are some of my favorite buried treasure.

Chuckles will be glad to know that YES! It is the famous Mr. Seat.

I used to make a lot of stained glass little people. You can see them in the third half of the 1973 Blue Bird thread.

I thought that I had no more little people left. Lo and Behold, I discovered one of my favorite little people hiding out in a padded envelope. She's been there for too long. This piece is called Naughty Nightie.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Made by Allen from The Tin Men. This was made solely from a teapot. All the parts were used. Just a little bit of wire was used to fasten it together.

Another one made by Allen. I call this one professor OOPS.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

My very first wood carving. 1977

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A flying saucer I made out of parts from a computer hard drive.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

One of my favorites. An old hand painted sign.

I like to mount it on the ceiling and point to it.

Got love? Give love.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Show us some of your buried treasure.
Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Please tell us that this isn't the brand-new floor you recently worked so hard to install... :cry: :roll:
Dualfuel

Post by Dualfuel »

I know, I know, this isn't cute artsy fartsy stuff. The closest I come to that is some pen and ink drafting plans on vellum done at the high school in 1917. No, this is baby is my kind of treasure. She is a Waukesha 6WAK powered KATO 100KW generator. Obviously, its buried. The treasure part is that these cats have had it four years and nobody wants it. So...they will let me trade some junk for it.
This thing is kind of like bulldozers, the bigger they are the cheaper they come. The Waukesha is a natural gas engine displacing 1200 cubic inches. Of course, I will fuel it with wood (and tires!).
The generator was the back up power supply for this bridge in Houghton/Hancock. (this defines our island)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Sharkey wrote:Image

Please tell us that this isn't the brand-new floor you recently worked so hard to install... :cry: :roll:
I sure hope it isnt! But I fear that it is :cry:
This is the same kind of flooring that I installed and I remember that it came with a 20 year finish waranty. Lets see,,,,20 years...goes into 2 dogs with a 7 to one year ratio (dog years) that means the waranty is up in one and a half years!
Wherever I am...I am home.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

I calculate 1.42857 years, to be exact. :roll: Thats one year, 5 months 6 days and 5 hours. :screwy:
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Yes, that is the floor I put in three years ago. They are not solid oak flooring. They are laminated wood with three layers that are 1/4 inch each layer. They were pre finished. The top layer is not even oak.

Dogs and wet gritty shoes have worn it out.

I actually am not bothered by it's worn look. It's kinda like an old school house floor. I may just put carpet runners on the floor.
Got love? Give love.
dburt

Post by dburt »

Dual Fuel, does your gen-set still run and put out power? That is quite treasure! Hope you have some help or heavy machinery to move it!
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

dburt wrote:Dual Fuel, does your gen-set still run and put out power? That is quite treasure! Hope you have some help or heavy machinery to move it!
I think "Heavy Machinery" might be Dual Fuel's nickname.