Chat Option

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Headache

Chat Option

Post by Headache »

I messaged Sharkey regarding this idea and he was okay with it. I have a voice chat option I use with my gaming friends that I'm open to sharing. Anything can be discussed from general introductions and gabbing to music performance and topic discussions like our recent brakes discussions, all in real time voice chat.

For the Mac users it's on Speex codex so you can participate as well. No Linux options yet.

If anyone is interested in a voice chat option we can schedule a discussion for the current chat room. I only ask that if others are interested and we do use it that the server information be kept private and never posted publicly.
splummer

Post by splummer »

now that sounds cool
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I'm game :thumbup:
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Sweet, How much fun will that
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

By usual habits, today is chat day. I will check in a few times before work to see if it is happening. I like the idea of the voice chat option.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Sharkey mentioned a chat day and I'm game to get it going again for the next month. After that I'll be on the road to WA, hopefully pick up a bus and then I have to find parking.

I'll be urban parking in my van to save money for the work on the bus.

What time was the normal chat time usually held?

Stuart what's your time frame before work or does the normal chat time work out okay for you?

Let's set this up for next Sunday. That will give me time to set up the Sharkey channels. Then next week I'll pass on the information you will need and walk you through the set up. If you are familiar with Ventrilo you're a few steps ahead of the pack. If you want to download it prior to next Sunday feel free but make sure you get the latest client version and not the server version.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

My work time varies day to day, and even which days. If I can, I'll be there for next Sunday.

I'll be using a Mac, what software do I need for that and where do I find it?
Headache

Post by Headache »

The main website is:

http://www.ventrilo.com/

The downloads page is:

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Make sure you download the appropriate "client program" of the OS your are using. Stuart I'm assuming it's the last one for you.

I'll walk everyone through the set up next Sunday and if you can't make it Stuart I'll PM you the log in info you will need.

I'll let you all decide the time for next Sunday.
Headache

Post by Headache »

What time was chat held on Sunday? What time do you want to participate in chats?
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Is this still happening?
Headache

Post by Headache »

I'm sorry Stuart I got distracted by RL. It seemed like I couldn't get anything going then it all hit like a flood. I'm also working on my new to me van in preparation to move the first week of June.

I'd like to do it but I've asked for times to hold it and gotten no responses. If you'd like to chat still I'm game. I'd really like to hear more about your boating adventures. The last time I did any "real" boating was on a 31' Tollycraft about 20 or so years ago.
Headache

Post by Headache »

The impromptu chat last night was really cool and I hope at some point we can all voice chat.

I'm going to look up some links so people can get the Ventrilo client set up on their own and when people are ready I'll pm the server info or give it out in another chat fest. lol