Morunful News

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

Morunful News

Post by Sharkey »

Sometimes I just don't know what is wrong with society. Things happen that not only don't make sense, but seem to indicate that there is no longer any thread of decency in the human race.

Yesterday an event came that confirmed this in a presonal manner. In a sensless act, a Eugene, OR police officer was murdered in the line of duty, shot where he stood after making a traffic stop.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/update ... d.html.csp

Normally, I'd consider this regretful enough, but the officer killed was a former coworker at a radio station I was Chief Engineer of in the early 1990's. Chris "Killer" Kilcullen was probably one of the nicest, most considerate DJ's I ever worked with. After leaving radio, he bacame a traffic patrol officer, riding his motorcycle and by all accounts, enjoying his service to the community. I'm sure he was a nice and considerate cop too.

Now he's dead, not because some heroic effort gone bad, but because some nutjob blew him away over a traffic ticket. I just don't think mankind is worth saving anymore. Maybe climate change is Earth's way of killing off an infestation of parasites, the good along with the bad.
splummer

Post by splummer »

that is indeed trajic and sensless, i havent given up on mankind just yet but not as outgoing as i have been. in the past. the last few years have brought many life situations that many have not yet experienced by most people.i bring the blame this senario on the presentgoverment and the out of contol big coorparations . my prayers go out to his family at this time steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
splummer

Post by splummer »

i just hope that this thread doesnt turn to a hate thread, i can say more but i think i will keep it to myself for now.i just think that we need to grow some balls , we do have the support and power to make changes, we did it before, me think its time, thats it from theother side steve
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

There was a time when you would open the news paper and see a story like this and be shocked but no more. Every day there's another story like this. I do believe there are more good people then bad but one has to look out at every given moment. Im very sorry to hear about your old friend Sharkey
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

We can only hope your friend is in a better place. It's those of us who are still alive who are stuck on this cesspool of a planet.
Got love? Give love.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Sadly, I must concur with Steve regarding government...

My sincere condolences to you, his family, and his friends, truly a tragedy and shameful waste of human life.
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
splummer

Post by splummer »

Rudy wrote:We can only hope your friend is in a better place. It's those of us who are still alive who are stuck on this cesspool of a planet.

its trajic when a life islostthis way but as far as planet being a cesspool i dont agree with that. yep we do have problems but we need to change that negitive perception
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Here here 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Rudy wrote:We can only hope your friend is in a better place. It's those of us who are still alive who are stuck on this cesspool of a planet.
That really should read "this cesspool of humanity".
The kind of people that killed that policeman and would not hesitate to do the same over and over.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Sharkey...I didn't know your friend so I can't feel your loss as you do, but I've lost many good people in my life so I can tell you from the bottom of my heart I'm so sorry you've lost this friend.

There is so much senseless crime happening all over...I was just talking with my son yesterday about the HUGE rise in crime around here in less than a year. We NEVER had shooting, burglary, rape, embezzlement, child molesting anywhere near here where I live....and now, just last week I cried when I read all the horrible crimes being committed here and are escalating very rapidly. VERY rapidly.

Times have always changed....but never as fast and as drastic as they are these days. But I hope the good people don't give up the good fight...because then all that's left is bad. My son once said he would never bring a child into the world now the way it is...but now realizes if all the good people think this way, the world will become nothing but bad.

splummer has it right...it's not a time to give up or step back. It's time to fight like we've never fought before to save our country. It's time to "get right" and get together with other good people. I see so many people withdrawing (me included) but everyone needs to prepare to take a stand that will come and is being pushed in our faces. I don't know what that stand is or how it will come about...but when it does, the good people need to give it all they got cuz I think we're only get one chance when it does happen.

God bless all of us.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
splummer

Post by splummer »

we can make a stand, only if we do it together, years ago i would say the blame was the crack heads but now its a differnt array of folks , some just trying to survive, we fought the good fight years ago and made change ,w can and will do it again ..steve
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Few details have emerged. Apparently his assassin was one of the all-too-common mental rejects that seem to populate the Eugene-Springfield urban jungle:

http://www.registerguard.com/web/newslo ... l.html.csp

This person was supported by public assistance of some sort. I'd be very interested in knowing how she was able to come into the possession of a deadly weapon, being so obviously lacking in the capacity for common reasoning. She'll probably get off on an insanity plea and end up in the institution that she should have been confined to in the first place.

Some details about Chris' career and personal life:

http://www.registerguard.com/web/newslo ... e.html.csp
dburt

Post by dburt »

Looks like a mental nut case slipped thru the cracks again, and causing untold grief and sorrow for many others in the process.

Makes you wonder why the case worker did not notice any of the red flags raised by this woman's behavior? :x

Sharkey, I feel deeply for you and the officers family. A suicidal woman with many mental issues drove her car into my first wife's car on the highway back in '82 and the accident killed my wife and severly injured her friend who was riding with her. Despite many witnesses stating what the offender had said even that very day before going out to end it all at another's expense, nothing ever happened to the woman- not even a traffic ticket for failure to maintain her lane control! I was a member of the county sheriff's office and one of our officers had recently moved up from California and the CHP. He was a trained accident and crimminal investigator and offered to take over the investigation on his own dime which he did. He took his evidence to the DA, and the DA figured it would take too much work and time to prosecute, so there the case was dropped. The DA was himself an ex-FBI agent (retired) with a severe drinking problem who should not have even been in office. So today, the nut job who caused so much grief for so many folks is still free and breathing the same air as the rest of us. I had to work many years to get rid of all the bitterness I felt against the whole system and the evil person who ended an innocent woman's life and caused so much long lasting pain and grief for so many people- and even today much of it can come up suddenly on it's own and almost overwhelm me. There seems to be no justice for the innocent and the bottom feeders get off scott-free.

It's hard to look at alot of our fellow human beings and not feel dispair and overwhelmed by all the lowlifes who seem to avoid justice, and all the good folks who seem to suffer unjustly at thier hands. :cry:
splummer

Post by splummer »

i read her story, sounds to me she has been dillustional for some time now. people dont get involved untill its to late.it dosnt take much to obtain a fire arm in this country. you may be right she should have been in some sort of hospital or at least a half way house.people bitch when they are on the streets and they bitch when they need to be placed elsewhere .all to comman a problem.
there was a sililair situation up here a while back,the problem was to many budget cuts so this guy was free to roam , just my 2 cents steve
Wallfly

Post by Wallfly »

Closing psychiatric hospitals and throwing the inmates onto society was a false economy. Reaganonomics doesn't work.
Another "one for the Gipper".