Zippity Do Dah, Zippety Aye...

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

ezrablu

Zippity Do Dah, Zippety Aye...

Post by ezrablu »

Mister blue bird's on my shoulder this week :D

So, I've been selling my "crap" the past few weeks. Yesterday morning I decided to also sell my Ford Ranger instead of letting it sit since I can't decide whether to put more money into it or not. I was flooded with emails for it and someone came and paid for it and will pick it up this evening. It's a 93...that's 17 years old. I just figure it's best to move on now I guess. I listed it as a "parts" sale for $400. The guy I let buy it is young with a wife and baby...he's gonna repair it so I feel good about it.

Since I can't haul junk because I have no wheels...I started making up piles of stuff and putting one or two good things in each pile, then I list it on craigslist for a flat price of like $35 to $50 a pile BUT they MUST take ALL of the pile in order to get it for that flat price 8) It's working out amazing! People just plain love junk :D

I've done so well that I've made enough to build a metal pole shed. I'm having a 24' x 36' metal pole barn started next week!

BUT that's not even the best news....if anyone read my blog before I deleted the past 2 years worth of posts, they would have seen some of the guns I bought. Anyway, I traded one of my (new/never shot yet) Russian military rifles (Saiga 762 x 39) for a 1980 Bluebird International! It's already licensed as a motorhome and has a crank down awning from an RV, great tires, runs good. The only thing "wrong" with it is the front right brake sticks....so I'll have to figure that out eventually. It was a high school bus so it's ceiling is much taller than my 91. Anyway, I only paid $375 for the Saiga last year...and had it to spare :wink: I'll post photos as soon as I can. I'll be moving it out to my land asap.

NOW I HAVE TWO BUSES!!! :shock: 8) :thumbup:
Last edited by ezrablu on Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Wow ezra that's an amazing sales streak you have going! Maybe I will try that! How do you word your listings and do you post pics as well? I'd love to NOT have to haul my stuff to the flea market even though I just bought a 1994 Ford E150 Club Wagon.

Grats on the new bus too! I'm looking forward to those pics, AND your CL posting secrets!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thanks Headache! I have no CL secrets...lol....and my wording as well as photos are lacking :D

Here is one of the links:

http://wausau.craigslist.org/for/2351523198.html
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Sweet! I'm going to try that approach! Simple and to the point! I like the "I think there's some books." at the bottom. lol People are cheap around here so I'm going to try $25 groupings.

One of the things I'm planning to do which is why I got the van is my Dad misses fishing and it was definitely one of the brighter hobbies my Dad and I shared. He got rid of all his fishing gear because he just couldn't walk around a lake anymore. Well now I'll be able to chuck his scooter up in the van and take him. He's really excited about that!

I read the other post about getting stuck. You may want to have them grade you an area, spread some gravel over it and tamp it down real good before you get the bus dragged out. That way you have safe parking for yourself or anyone dropping by.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

I have done listings for $20, $25, $30, $35 and $50. I figure this way people can pick out what they want and drop the rest off at the donation center at Good Will or St Vincent De Paul in town. I save on time/gas no hassle hauling it...make a buck and donate at the same time :wink:

It seems I'm making more than if I had a garage sale. Plus I don't have to sit there all day waiting for people to come. I've gotten plenty of responses, too.

Yes, I plan on having gravel put down. My land is high and dry, not all tore up, or puddles or anything like that. It's soggy EVERYWHERE here in Wisconsin right now. We had our snow melt, then rain, then more snow and more LOTS more rain all within a few weeks. The ground just can't absorb it that fast during the spring. I just should have either moved it sooner while it was still frozen out (but couldn't cuz we can't park on the streets here until after April 15th) OR waited a little longer before I tried to move it because I knew it was too wet :roll:
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Bravo, Ezra! Good for you!
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Thank you, Griff! I feel both very blessed and lucky lately. I also feel really happy to finally getting rid of all of this "stuff".
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

This time last year I did what Ezra tried to do and got my bus stuck down to the axles. You literally had to step down to the first step of the bus. It was more than just a little soft out back.

I tried to yank it out with my 10-wheel dump truck. I proceeded to get it stuck down to the axles. It wasn't so much a lack of traction as the ground was just too soft.

Two months later I was able to get the truck unstuck and a week later the bus unstuck.

I should know better than to try and move stuff around in the spring when everything is soft.
yugogypsy

Zippety do Dah -Zippety aye

Post by yugogypsy »

Ezrablu,

That is awesome news and I'm really happy for you :D , and definitely Congratulations on the bus, I'm tempted to go next door tonight and find out what Al mght take in trade for his--not that I'm trying to keep up to you, I just need a bus that runs.! :!:

I'm going to have a garage sale soon, and will try the pile system.

Take Care
HUGS
Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Blu wrote:

"NOW I HAVE TWO BUSES!!! "

So now you are a member of the multi-bus family. Post pics of the new one when you can.
Got love? Give love.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rudy, I'll post photos soon. The guy came by yesterday and signed over the title so it's a done deal. He is thrilled with his new rifle. I tossed in 100 rounds ammo just because 8)

This 1980 bus has 228,000 miles on it...about 20,000 less than my current 91. It has all the seats removed except two in the very front (one on each side was left intact). I'M SO HAPPY NOT TO HAVE SEAT REMOVAL CHORE AHEAD. If anyone caught that event on my blog last summer...the photos of sparks flying and bloody knuckles...that was NOT a pleasant experience :roll: Plus, it was the first time I had ever used a grinder....hence bloody knuckles :shock: I don't even know if I was doing it right :D

One great thing about getting this bus is as soon as I can park it out on my land (dryer weather - it's raining AGAIN today!) I can pull everything out of my current 91 and it will be so much easier/faster to work on it now so I won't have to be waiting for the pole shed to be finished for a place to put that stuff (the stuff is all my lumber, insulation, flooring, etc., that I'm using to build on my bus). It's been very time consuming and VERY tiring having to constantly move things back and forth to work in there.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Very cool Ezra!

It does feel good to get rid of a bunch of unneeded stuff. I'm about to do the same thing around here.
yugogypsy

Zippety Do Dah -Zippety aye

Post by yugogypsy »

Still Cleaning here too, next effort will be a yard sale.

But I've still got the dreaded tool shed to clean. :(

I just know I'm going to find stuff in there I don't even recognize, it's been the "catch-all" spot for everything from paint cans to a chop saw.

After my yard sale I'll do some more work on Pit Stop, I've got to raise a few $$ to get new plywood for the floor in her and Mercy.

Hey Mark--where are you??? I'm trying to figure out how to get Mercy to run again and need suggestions for a small 4 cyl. diesel engine with trans. that we could adapt to fit after we get her body fixed up.

Everybody else--if any of you know, please feel free to add your suggestions as well.

BECAUSE--I figured out how to give Mercy a new roof, and if I can do that, she can be used again if I get an engine & trans because I can backtrack her paperwork and Marcel's son can sign the papers, because Marcel died several years ago & his son took care of his estate stuff.

Thanks All

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
dburt

Post by dburt »

Eblu- are we going to start calling you the bus lady?? :D

You can park them close together, build a short little hallway between them, and have an extra large residence! Or use for a guest house?
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

dburt :D and ooooh that's a good idea back them up together. I need a big bus boot now to inflate between the back doors....maybe a catapillar tube would work :D

Yes...it will make a fine guest bus. I have a feeling the Amish are gonna see it and want me to take the whole neighborhood to town on Saturdays :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed