Here we go....

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Jesper The Dane

Post by Jesper The Dane »

I have never been to America, so I can't take part in the discussion - but it seems to me that all this is actually the reason why we are all sitting here on this forum? We want our freedom to do what we want, and lead our lives the way we want to?!

Actually I got a little sentimental today when I ended up following some of the links on this website, and all of a sudden I felt I had come home, and found my tribe looking at all these fantastic vehicles.

I want to get out of this city, and on the highways... go go! 8)
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Along a similar path...

http://boryanabooks.com/?p=3917
splummer

Post by splummer »

graydawg wrote:I actually got dizzy looking at the numbers they were climbing so fast, its just something else to worry about, the politicians will do what they want to do anyway, I guess we will just have to accept the facts and make the best of a bad situation.

James in da GRAYDAWG
g dog not sure i could sleep good if we accept the fact
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

A friend of mine who has a Dodge Power Wagon, met this guy Kim who also has a PW at the dog rescue in Acton, Ca. Kim is building a house on his property in Acton, but the county of LA is trying to shut him down.

We don't need any free thinking hippies round here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponHWfGs ... r_embedded
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

That guy is my kind of people 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
splummer

Post by splummer »

well iam glad there are still some free thinking hippies around, i remember reading many years ago about united stand, and the battle about the right to build your own home . iam going to have to find the book about the owner builders and united stand ,its here some place. i wish kim all the luck on finishing his house,
i remember all the crap we went thru 40 years ago with building codes .
splummer

Post by splummer »

oh yeath thanks chuck for the vid.. :D steve
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

TMAX wrote:Along a similar path...

http://boryanabooks.com/?p=3917
I read that article too when it came out...what irks me is that geological surveys show we have plenty of oil available within our own (fading) national boundaries to carry us for quite a number of years, but the NGO's/lobbyists/elite won't let us go get it (part of Agenda 21 & more). :x
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Classic example of how you never own your home - you just rent it from the state. This is a place that was built in early 80s in the Pacific northwest by my brother's neighbor. Beautiful. Took 8 "logs" to build. They started out about 90 feet long, douglas fir, surplus from a Navy base. It doesn't show well in this shot, but there are magnificent "totem" carvings on the ends of the top beams, both sides and both ends of the house - 8 total. Edit; went back and added another picture of carving.

Paid for since the early 80's, but now with so many Californians moving north and bringing their 'debris' with them, the democracy of the area has lead to property taxes on this place in excess of $1,000 per month. Brother nearby is right about the same cost. Both places hand built, brother's with everyone in the family hammering at least some on it.

By retirement, at the rate things have been going, they both will be paying about $2,400 per month to try to keep their homes. Neither will be able to, so King County (Seattle) will reap the benefit of their labor. I know this is a constant everywhere - it is especially irksome here, since I put some time into one of these, too.

splummer

Post by splummer »

nice pics stealth thank you , its never ending , although we dont get many cali people up here we do get our share of money people , least they think they are made of money , coming up here to buy large tracts of land, 100 0 acreas or so , we are in a spot where the land that boarders us is state owned most likly will bring its own problems years from now , our taxex are very high for our house and land and i see no relief from that
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I see no end in sight. State/County tax officials, home builders and realtors have all been conspiring to jack up values and increase tax revenues. Selling people a bill of goods that a "McMansion" - big box version of housing - relates somehow to quality of life. Personally I don't believe that volume has inherent value.

Ok, (insert cartoon shake of head...) now, I will try to stop that and get back on happy thoughts.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Stealth Camper wrote:but now with so many Californians moving north and bringing their 'debris' with them, the democracy of the area has lead to property taxes on this place in excess of $1,000 per month.

No they brought the 'debris' up from south of the Californian border...so they could get RICH off of them!!!
Once the worthless fux realised that the 'debris' HAVE TRASHED CALIFORNIA!! they quietly took their BIG FAT NEST EGG!! and moved north. How lovely. Lets all sip tea and later this afternoon we can partake in a reach-around.

Let me make it clear here, not all Californians were cut from the same south of the boarder cloth. My great grandfather came here from Germany LEGALLY (he was not automatically declared an undocumented guest worker, by the way, where does "guest" fit in this equation? No one was going to wipe his ass, or hand him a welfare check, or give him food stamps, or pay for his medical, so his "wife" can pop out countless "citizens" soon to be voting by the way) No, none of that. Gramps became a legal citizen and homesteaded. In Action Ca. You could throw a rock from Kim's house and hit my grandfather's ranch.

So not all Californians are bad. Just me! I'm the last BAD one. The rest are just a bunch of butt-licking liberals. You can call them that to their face, they don't care, they don't speak english. No they just giggle with your tax dollars all the way to the bank. Like kids on a field trip, all they know is..."this is fun"

God is fair, every nation gets about 200 years to ignore and turn their nose up at him, then out comes the rug. Now it's our turn.

Stealth, this is in no way a slam on you. This is a slam on the popular perception of Californians.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

OK, this topic thread has gone over the line of my level of tolerance.

There are plenty of other places you can bitch about the government, immigrants, and "liberals". Offending the site owner and administrator isn't without consequences.

Locked. First one ever on this forum.