GOOD SALE ON WOOD BURNING STOVES

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

graydawg

GOOD SALE ON WOOD BURNING STOVES

Post by graydawg »

Nouthern Tool started a sale on wood burning stoves today, I will be ordering The Lil Sweetie model BX22EL it is on for $119.99 reg $199.99 and is the smallest cast iron box type stove I have found other than some of the expensive marine type stoves. They also have the larger stoves on sale as well if anyone is interested. I will be using a small 12 volt fan to move the heat to the back of the bus as well, it should be sufficient for my use, as I don't like it too warm indoors. listed below will get you there and go to fireplace and wood stoves section

http://www.northerntool.com/

James in da GRAYDAWG
I ONCE WAS A MIGHTY GREYHOUND
I THEN GOT OLD AND RETIRED
I LOST MY SEATS AND GOT A NEW GIG
I AM NOW A HAULIN SOME OLD DAWGS &
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dawgman, that is a good link. I like the little one you want to get.

I had a wood stove in my bus (64 International). It is the bigger one that takes 27 inch logs.

I may just put one in this bus someday.
Got love? Give love.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

I was mostly worried about having plenty of room to walk around it, and did not want a large one I would regret getting, it will burn up to a 20 inch log and the door opening is 7 x 7 1/2 inches. I would rather have a marine type stove, just don't have the cash to go that route. My bus is only 90 inches wide inside as well. If it gets to cold I can always crank up the propane furnace but it will eat some propane up fast, on a few cold mornings I have lit the oven to get the chill out. I didn't think they would go on sale that cheap, I was thinking $150, but it was a pleasant surprise. I will have to drive about 100 miles to their nearest store when it comes in, the freight cost was more than the stove to get it delivered.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

I sure am glad you posted this up because in reading the ad I realized I can't use the woodstove my sister was giving me. WA state has super strict laws about them and I had completely forgotten about it having been away so long.
the88

Post by the88 »

Headache wrote:I sure am glad you posted this up because in reading the ad I realized I can't use the woodstove my sister was giving me. WA state has super strict laws about them and I had completely forgotten about it having been away so long.
Laws??? What are those?
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

We don't need no stinkin laws 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Headache

Post by Headache »

the88 wrote:Laws??? What are those?
The ones I won't be able to get around living near my Dad. He comes first. I can escape WA's stranglehold and get out of Dodge after he's gone.

Until then, I need to find some good urban camping spots around Ballard and the Urban Rest Stop for a few months.
graydawg

Post by graydawg »

It is just another state I will not be able to go to myself, I have known for some time I can't go to CALI, talking about laws the only way I go anywhere is armed and ready, in fact they just passed a law that in Church's it is now legal for concealed carry, I haven't been for a long time, but it might just keep the preachers on thier toes. LOL It might end up if they keep passing new laws, I might be just circleing in TX and LA. We are slowly loosing all rights, one by one in the US, it is a shame and most of it is in the name of """SECURITY""". They probably have my name on their trouble maker list already, it scares me to know most people are willing to give up their rights, and think everyone will abide by the rules, it reminds me of FANTASY ISLAND, I keep listening for someone to start hollering de plane boss, here comes de plane. I have a bumper sticker on my rear bumper that says, "CRIMINALS PREFER UNARMED VICTIMS" it has been on it for 8 years now, and still looks the same, I guess it was a well made bumper sticker, I put it on my bumper in the winter of 03 and 04 when my truck was new still.
I will stop my rants and raves, before I offend someone.

James in da GRAYDAWG
I BECAME THE GRAYDAWG
Headache

Post by Headache »

I agree for the most part and Sharkey's sig has become almost a mantra to me.

I follow the law for the most part but it's definitely begrudgingly.