Dicks

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Jones'n4chrome

Dicks

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

There sure are a lot of Dicks in Wa.
None in California though?

http://www.dicksdrivein.com/locations

Rudy told me they were in Ca. :(
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

OH! That's right. In And Out is in Los Angeles and Dick's are in Seattle.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Apparently there are Dicks everywhere but in Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, New Mexico and Oklahoma.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/corp/ ... FindAStore

So yes, there are plenty of Dicks in California, Rudy was correct.
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Yesterday I had made a post to this thread then deleted it shortly after because I didn't feel knowledgeable enough to get down you all on this subject due to my lack of experience with not only Dicks but also In and Out. This is a good time to slide in here and say...being married for 25 yrs, I didn't get around, but I can say Wisconsin used to have a lot of Hot n' Now...which were the best bang for the buck around here. Although with all them closing, now to satisfy our hunger, there's just a couple of Taco places.

Man, there's nothing like a good burger is there?

P.S. That video is of some bikers riding to the last Hot n Now open in Wisconsin which is about 10 miles from my place. A few years ago my sister went through the drive thru there....drunk...She trashed the whole front and side of her car and took a huge chunk out of the building :D :D :D
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

I had a good chuckle reading your post ezra. Especially since I'm grilling some burgers with swiss cheese and portabella mushrooms. Yum!
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Sounds really good Headache...I love mushrooms. Well, I got the bun but no meat so maybe I'll just make a grilled cheese :D

And might I add...my homemade bread sure makes one GOOD grilled cheese!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
KB2IAW

..dicks and all...

Post by KB2IAW »

This was a very amusing post to say the least...
the dicks around here are in Binghampton ... , i have never heard of in& out ...although i sometimes get the in & out feeling at gander mountain ...which are similer to dicks..i guss ill have to register one of these days ,although i dont own a bus/mobile device yet ..thanks for the amusement ...and of coarse the knowledge gleaned here.
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

A friend of mine opened a burger place in Seattle. It is a franchise place but it looks pretty good. There is one near my house, but I did not try it yet.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

How about some pizza?
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Jones'n4chrome

Post by Jones'n4chrome »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:A friend of mine opened a burger place in Seattle. It is a franchise place but it looks pretty good. There is one near my house, but I did not try it yet.

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

OK I went and tried it...IT SUCKS!!!

It was super noisy there. The meat was tasteless and everything was cold.

My brother and I went, he had a burger and grilled vegies, I had a burger and garlic cheese fries. But everything was cold, so when the waiter came to check on us I told him all the food was cold. So he said "you mean, everything is cold?" so I pointed at the waitress working nearby and said "no, she is totally HOT! but the food is all cold" :D

I would never eat there again.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Jones'n4chrome wrote:OK I went and tried it...IT SUCKS!!!
Damn that sucks. I was hopeful to have a cool place to eat and hang out on occasion while I was urban camping around Seattle this summer. =(
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Chuck...I always give a place a second chance. Maybe it's just cuz they are new? The worst that could happen is you'd eat another cold burger while watching a hot waitress :D

I once went to a new Mexican restaurant that had recently opened in the town near me and everybody was saying how it was the best Mexican food they'd ever eaten. Well, my son and I went there and it was not only THE worst Mexican food I'd ever had...it was the worst food I'd ever had at any restaurant! It was basically plain ground beef rolled up in 3 tortillas with no seasoning, no lettuce, no sour cream...literally no anything! I tried to talk to the waiters about it and nobody could speak a lick of English. It was awful.

About a month later we decided to go give it one more whirl cuz people kept insisting how incredible it was. I was thinking man, they are either nuts or don't know what real Mexican food is :D Well, the second time we went back...that food was THE best Mexican food I'd ever eaten and I lived out in Arizona for 15 yrs and had been to a lot of Mexican restaurants.

I heard what happened was a combination of things since they were pretty new...they were unorganized, ran out of ingredients, shipments hadn't come, new people were all training....and we had picked to go after the dinner rush to avoid the crowd. Anyway, I'm glad I gave it another chance because it's been open over 10 yrs here and they are still the best Mexican food I've ever eaten not to mention only about $6-10 for any full meal on the menu.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Maybe we should feel depraved,...er, uh, deprived... since we have no Dick's in Oklahoma.

But we have Kum & Go!! (Kind of like 7-11....http://www.kumandgo.com/)
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

:D :thumbup:

My son brought a home a couple of Kum & Go tshirts last December on his way through Oklahoma from his Texas fishing trip :D
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Jesper The Dane

Post by Jesper The Dane »

I guess one should be a native english/american speaker, to actually get the full benefit from this thread?! :D :shock: