Stormy night

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Stormy night

Post by Stealth Camper »

Rudy's little corner of the world is getting blasted tonight - at least nearby from what I know about where he is! My understanding is that he is in south central Missouri. This is close to Joplin and Springfield and Branson.

The tornado mashed Joplin and if not destroyed, it has seriously damaged their hospital. (And they are asking for medical help - even as close as I am, it is too far to help tonight.)

The storms continue to the east right now. I sent a PM asking Rudy to let us know how he is as soon as he can. If he is close, it may take some time.

Let's keep him in our thoughts! And prayers, if that is your personal inclination!!

Dan
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

We've had tornados all day, too. So far, so good by me. If Rudy doesn't show up here very soon, maybe somebody can give him a ring.

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/Livestream

Current weather for Springfield, MO:

http://alerts.weather.gov/cap/mo.php?x=1
Last edited by ezrablu on Mon May 23, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ezrablu
1991 Bluebird International
360 DT - 6 Speed
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

This is a message on live chat/comments on www.weather.com via Twitter:
Twitter
DDwx:
Per meteorologist friend in Wichita, his sister in-law in SW Springfield has med records/xrays in her trees!
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

They've found medical records and xrays as far away as 6 miles from the hospital. The tornado also took out the emergency generators.

It's the most devastating tornado in Big Mo's history and it's estimated that up to 30% of the Joplin area has been destroyed.

I'm a bit confused about Rudy's location. I thought he was going to be near Cairo, IL and not near Springfield? I know the storms went east but they didn't see near the damage. I hope he checks in soon.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Rain, thunder, lightning, but no tornado where I am.
Got love? Give love.
Headache

Post by Headache »

Thanks for checking in Rudy, it's good to know you are okay.

Correction on my above post: they have found medical documents and xrays more than 60 miles away.
yugogypsy

Stormy night

Post by yugogypsy »

Sorry you guys had it so rough, we had rain and hail, with a bit of wind up here, hope I get some plums as it bashed all the blossoms off the tree.

But the last few days have been okay and its sunny at the moment.

Rick is going to work some more in our garden today and he works for our friend Ruth tomorrow.

Lots of work to do in our garden yet, but somehow we'll have a smallish garden, and then plant winter crops for next spring. :idea:

Collards, kale, Spring raab-like broccoli-, winter cabbages and LOTS of chard because we both like it.

My appetite is finally coming back in leaps and bounds, and--I'M GOING ON HOLIDAY FOR 3 DAYS ON JUNE 7TH, hurray, a break from this place at last. :D

Lois
Bash On Regardless!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Joplin is 85 miles west of where I am.

116 dead so far. It makes me want to cry.
Got love? Give love.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

My cousin's family lives there about 3 miles north of the path. Really bad.
Rained/stormed most of day today.
splummer

Post by splummer »

we are lucky up here , to get a tornado would be rare , but we had a few, i couldnt imagine what these people are going thru, our prayers go out to them , at present our bad weather is rain ,no relief in sight so the farmers are a little freaked right now,if the crops dont go in it might be a little late ,out growing season is short in places its june to sept, but it seems seem small to the people who had losedeveruy thing
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
ezrablu

Post by ezrablu »

Rudy, thanks for the update. It is very sad. I had tornados all around me day before yesterday with many touch downs and damage but not as severe damage as Missouri. It's very scary watching and hearing them go over...the closest one to touch down to me was about 45 miles from here in La Crosse. I haven't heard about damage details for here in Wisconsin yet because my computer crashed yesterday. I'm texting this from a cell phone keypad linked to wifi. Don't know when I can fix my pc so contact will be very limited if any till then.
ezrablu
360 DT - 6 Speed
Headache

Post by Headache »

Dang ezra, I hope you get up and running soon. Glad nothing touched down near you!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Two...maybe three dead this evening here. 3 kids critical at hospital. Not as bad as Joplin, but still kind of ragged.

Just saw the chopper pictures - Ford pickup truck up in a tree. Something just doesn't look right about that....
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

It is 5:45 PM on Wednesday, May 25.

The sun was out earlier.

Zac and I were in town, where 10 miles away there was Quarter size hale.

Presently, I am back at the farm.

Since an hour ago the sun would shine for 15 minutes, and then it would get cloudy.

I was just wanting to go walk the doggies when the rain came down in heaps.

The rain and the gray clouds lasted for two minutes.

AND THEN, something happened that I have not seen since I was in Guam during my military years.

THE SUN CAME OUT WHILE THE RAIN DID NOT STOP IT'S INTENSITY!

In the time it has taken me to write these few words, the sun is now out strong, and the rain has stopped.

Perhaps it is now time to go walk the doggies.
Got love? Give love.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

You're gonna love that area in Missouri. That is the kind of weather we get all the time. Well, maybe not all the time, but kind of regularly.