Wisconsin!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Wisconsin!

Post by Stealth Camper »

Yay!! I found out Friday that I get to go to Wisconsin for a couple of days!! I get out of the oven for a few hours!

Rice Lake, WI. Looked at some web touristy site for the area and there was a comment about the leaves just starting to open up. Sounds late, even for that far north, but hey, the temperature HAS to be less that 110 (Saturday high - real, not heat index.)!!

Weather service - high 77, low 58 for Tues and Wed. That is heaven! I may need a jacket...

Just had to vent...
dburt

Post by dburt »

Phoenix, Arizona was 105 today, but hey- it's a dry heat! :lol:

In fact the humidity is so low in Arizona that it takes two inches of rain to make one inch on the ground, cause it's so hot it's a dry rain! :wink:

I spent the summer of 1972 working near Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It could be 85 degrees with 85% humidity, and it felt like 115 in Arizona. But Wisconsin has some really beautiful places, like the Wisconsin Dells, and other places. And there used to be a cheese factory or sales outlet at every intersection on every highway- at least it seemed like it. I'd stop and get fresh cheese curds and a cold pop and drive off in my non-airconditioned VW bug, happy as if I had good sense. Course I was alot younger then and the heat did not bother me as much as it does now. :roll:
jokertown

it's not the heat it's the humidity

Post by jokertown »

I grew up in Wisconsin, and now live in Minneapolis. It can get pretty hot in the summer high 80s-100, but what they say about the humidity is true. Some days it's almost unbearable. Today however it's very comfortable. Overcast, 70 degrees and a nice breeze. Wisconsin is beautiful in the summertime. Rice Lake is pretty far north. I would definitely bring a jacket, and look out for the mosquitos! Have fun.
somewhereinusa

Post by somewhereinusa »

I was in Phoenix last week 110 degrees and one guy was complaining about the humidity???? Personally, I'll take 90 with the humidity.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Got back yesterday. Beautiful country. Went out for a while Tues evening, walked across a little bridge on south end of the lake. Saw lots of mosquitoes, but was amazed that only got bitten twice!! Guess they don't like southern blood.

Came back to Minneapolis to airport and got to run into the Mall for about half an hour. Basically that means you get to walk in the door, go to the center part to look at the amusement park, then turn around and leave again. Guy I was traveling with took some pictures of it for his kids.

I think it was about 73 when we left. Arrived in Oklahoma at 5:00 pm to 108...again.