dead

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Re: dead

Post by Stealth Camper »

The last 3 nights have been amazing!! Still 105 or so, but Mon, Tues and Wed evening we got storms blowing through that brought actual, real, live rain!! About 2 inches total over 3 days. I am not believing it yet!! Today (Thurs) the high is supposed to be about 95!!! WHAT A RELIEF!!! Beautiful sunrise this morning.

There were 60 to 80 mph winds with this, and a little mini-storage next door to the RV park lost some roofing. The homestead in eastern Oklahoma had a large Ash tree in the back yard that has lost a big chunk of a limb, and a tree behind us went onto the guys roof. (He is a real jerk, so even though I am mildly ashamed to say it - good for him!) No tornadoes; all straight line wind. The trailer was rocking back and forth about 6" at the top. Lost electric all night Monday, so it got warm and toasty - 90 all night long.

But we got RAIN!!!!

Amazing how the little things can mean so much, isn't it?
dburt

Post by dburt »

Many of my family live in the Ft Worth, Texas neck of the woods. I see in the news that the Dallas/Ft Worth area has had 40 days straight of over 100 degrees or more each day. I always said Texas was a good place to be from, but I can't seem to get any of the family to budge from there. Maby heat exhaustion has set in, and they can't think straight? :lol:

I'll bet that rain was refreshing S-camper! And I hear alot of the south and midwest is in a drought condition- I hope that rain helped the drought to ease up a little bit!
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

We have had extremely severe drought. And the state has burned down, too. We are at day 47 of over 100. The record for center of state is 50, and northeast is about 58. Looks like we will break both of them - maybe later next week.

Yeah, people who stay in Texas are crazy. I have some friends there and they are all nuts! There was a little news thing a couple weeks ago about the movement to change the Texas name to Baja Oklahoma! Long overdue!
splummer

Post by splummer »

rest up, you may need them for future projects, so whats the latest , steve
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
splummer

Post by splummer »

Stealth Camper wrote:I'm thinking mobile is the way to be. Right now, I would be in northern Montana, Washington, Minnesota, or New England. By January 1, I would go to Death Valley, southern Arizona, New Mexico, etc. And in the between times, be moving slowly toward the north or the south depending on the direction of my "temperature band" - low 55, high 80 (degrees F).
a few years ago at this date we woke up to see every thing white, not sno but a frost.right now very cool out
Headache

Post by Headache »

stuartcnz wrote:Sounds like you would like a maritime climate, like we have here in New Zealand. The only downside is that it requires having a small land mass to achieve those less volatile temperature extremes.
Hi Stuart, how are you enjoying those maritime temps? LOL

My friends around Dunedin were snowed in and I heard Christchurch got nailed pretty good. It may not seem like much snow to those of us who have it but NZ does not have the resources for this type of weather. Not only that there are still areas that don't have full utilities up because of the earthquakes.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

As is becoming usual, Christchurch has been knocked about by it. Dunedin only had about a day and a half of snow. Then it rained and washed it all away.
splummer

Post by splummer »

dburt wrote:I'm doing my best to add some postings today just to see if we can nudge some folks off dead center and get them to post something again. I posted alot of replies today on the bus forum, so I'm trying to liven the old forum up! 8)
you did good, but still not many people are posting , i check in alot still no one around, going to take a break from here forca while and see what happens, will check in at a later date maybe
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Fingers? I have a typing finger :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.