dead

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

jay

dead

Post by jay »

WHY IS THIS PLACE SO DEAD,USED TO BE GOOD ,WHAT HAPPENED
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Re: dead

Post by stuartcnz »

It is often quiet in here at this time of year. That and the fact that the forum is going through a transition period doesn't help. Things usually pick up in the northern hemisphere winter, when people are indoors more.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I just answered the same question on another post thread. Somehow. Too hot! And too much work to do - no energy left after done.

Repeating just in case;

I'm here. Bad summer. Lot's of work, leaving not much time.

Air conditioner crashed in trailer week and half ago. Changed it out Saturday morning - 106 degrees. Gruesome job.

Record July here for all time hottest. Today is 112. By next Tuesday we are supposed to have major cooling trend down to 103.

Put a misting system on home air conditioner. When get time to sit for a few minutes, will post that process and pictures.
Mark R. Obtinario
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Mark R. Obtinario »

I think, perhaps, the reason why so little action is the time of year.

I know I am spending a lot more time out and about now compared to the rainy season.
jay

Post by jay »

right
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi from Aus,
Down here our winter weather is gradually moderating as we move towards spring. Maybe age is catching up to me, but I have really felt this one. The temps (-03 to -08 celsius) are probally moderate to some of you guys but we have had number of overcast days with minimum sunshine, with the temp remaining in single figures for the whole day. Later today,or definitely by Sunday afternoon, I will attempt to upload some photos of my project.
Cheers Charlie
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I'm hating winter more every year. This last one, we got some -5 to -10 F for a few days and I was ready to hitch up and roll south. This summer has been brutally hot. Little town about 30 miles north got down to -32 F one night last winter, then on the fifth day after that, it was 93 F for a high. Psycho weather.
splummer

Post by splummer »

Stealth Camper wrote:I'm hating winter more every year. This last one, we got some -5 to -10 F for a few days and I was ready to hitch up and roll south. This summer has been brutally hot. Little town about 30 miles north got down to -32 F one night last winter, then on the fifth day after that, it was 93 F for a high. Psycho weather.
gee sc, where do you want to live, if you hate the heat and cold ,dont come here ,lol, try 60 below, we get those temps here and they last for awhile
just because you ride the bus , it doesnt make you a bus person
the bus stopped and i got on and thats how it all began
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

Stealth Camper wrote:I'm hating winter more every year. This last one, we got some -5 to -10 F for a few days and I was ready to hitch up and roll south. This summer has been brutally hot. Little town about 30 miles north got down to -32 F one night last winter, then on the fifth day after that, it was 93 F for a high. Psycho weather.
Sounds like you would like a maritime climate, like we have here in New Zealand. The only downside is that it requires having a small land mass to achieve those less volatile temperature extremes.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

I'm thinking mobile is the way to be. Right now, I would be in northern Montana, Washington, Minnesota, or New England. By January 1, I would go to Death Valley, southern Arizona, New Mexico, etc. And in the between times, be moving slowly toward the north or the south depending on the direction of my "temperature band" - low 55, high 80 (degrees F).
Headache

Post by Headache »

Aside from what time of year it is, it takes participation from the membership. If everything goes well I'll have something to contribute by the end of the week.

Can't be all take and no give all the time.

Post by Guest »

Busy doing outside chores, mowing the large lawn, maintaining the garden, trying to find work that pays real money instead of promises. Just have not had the time like I do in the winter time to be at the computer.

The economy here in SW Idaho and NE Oregon is in the doldrums, so I have to spend lots of time traveling to look at jobs, or at income opps. At lease we have not had the punishing hot weather like the poor folks in OK or TX. I heard on the news that the Dallas-Ft Worth area of TX was going to have something like it's 34th straight day of over 100 degrees and with humidity over 85% most of the time, that would do me in. Just stick a fork in me, 'cuz I'd be done!
dburt

Post by dburt »

I'm doing my best to add some postings today just to see if we can nudge some folks off dead center and get them to post something again. I posted alot of replies today on the bus forum, so I'm trying to liven the old forum up! 8)
Headache

Post by Headache »

"Summer" slow downs(June, July and August) are typical of online activities with a North American majority. Once the vacation season slows down, the kiddies are back in school and people have a structured schedule again, it picks back up.

Don't strain your fingers dburt. :wink:
dburt

Post by dburt »

After all this frenzy of typing activity on my part, I was going to have to get therapy for my tired little typing fingers. So maby I will have to give them a rest for a few days! :lol: