NZ Freedom Camping Bill

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

NZ Freedom Camping Bill

Post by stuartcnz »

Last night the New Zealand government passed the Freedom Camping Bill, or more appropriately, it should be called the Non-Freedom Camping Bill.

Here is a link to view it online. http://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/gov ... dlm3886700
rlaggren

Re: NZ Freedom Camping Bill

Post by rlaggren »

Had to happen. Get people together and they make more people all the while making a mess and taking up space which at some point "people" get bent about. Worlds getting tighter.

Looks like a typical law enforcement tool; clearly the "law" is taking steps to make it easier to CYA during the coming festivities. In the U.S.A. the actual impact would depend on courts sorting out various cases and would only become apparent after 3 or 4 years.

Least that's what it looks like. Who-all initiated and pushed that thing through?

Rufus
huh couldn't reply

Post by huh couldn't reply »

Reads like some of our laws. Talking about how they are gonna preserve freedom, while taking it away. (Wonder how they phrase their gun control laws?)

How is the campground situation? Are there public and private places for the purpose? (RV parks and campgrounds here.)
The summary didn't seem to talk much about backpacking. I am guessing there is a lot of it there, as here. Will that be affected, too?
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

The above is my reply. I guess I got logged out sometime during the reply, so name got weird.