Here Kitty Kitty

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Here Kitty Kitty

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Re: Here Kitty Kitty

Post by Stealth Camper »

That's pretty cool stuff!!

'Down home' in east Tennessee where SWMBO's family is from, there are several cats hanging around all the time - for about the last 20 years or so. A small number of black bears hang around, too, since they were re-introduced into a national forest adjacent to the little town.

Last week, the boy (41 years old - they are always kids to me) was visiting his in-laws there and called me on the phone (like I could do something from 800 miles away!) in full panic mode. He and his wife were starting to leave the house, going to town, when they noticed a large male black bear at the end of the drive way, walking toward the house. He ran back inside. I told him to call the wildlife department or the sheriff. And stay inside. And get the rifle ready in case it came inside. (But they had no rifle.) Bear wandered around, I guess looking for food. Looked in the windows, but didn't try to break in the door. Bear wandered away, but was hanging around in the woods the rest of the day and next. They hear the "coughing" and noise in the underbrush.