MrSharkey.com

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

MrSharkey.com

Post by stuartcnz »

In his latest post http://www.mrsharkey.com/not-good-enough Sharkey hints at pulling the plug on his venerable site.

The good people reading this should go to the above link and read the post, then communicate with him/ offer tangible solutions to keep his site going. It was bad enough that he stopped running the forum, it would be a travesty if his site stopped altogether.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: MrSharkey.com

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Come on kids, if it wasn't for Sharkeys site this one wouldn't be here. Between these 2 sites we’ve all been able to learn new things as well as swap old ideas. Carrying these sites is not cheap and the work that goes on behind the seen to keep them spam and troll free is no walk in the park so pitch in whatever you can swing. Don’t give your last but I just noticed that there is 259 members of this forum so just using the quick numbers if everyone kicks in 5 bucks that would be a big help to the “Boss” to keep the sites going for a couple more years :thumbup:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

Thanks for reminding us of our humble beginnings ... Hang in there Sharkey ... I appreciate you still having my link, your site is always informative and a pleasure to peruse. GoodClue :thumbup:
"ya gotta have art ..."
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Dennis The Bus Dweller wrote:Come on kids, if it wasn't for Sharkeys site this one wouldn't be here. Between these 2 sites we’ve all been able to learn new things as well as swap old ideas. Carrying these sites is not cheap and the work that goes on behind the seen to keep them spam and troll free is no walk in the park so pitch in whatever you can swing. Don’t give your last but I just noticed that there is 259 members of this forum so just using the quick numbers if everyone kicks in 5 bucks that would be a big help to the “Boss” to keep the sites going for a couple more years :thumbup:

I second the motion. I find way more than $5 worth of value at his place. Good stuff. Still one of my favorite places to go for inspiration.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

PS: Chances are that half of the members aren't going to pitch in so don't be afraid to kick in a little extra of at all possible 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.