The New Zealand Government Closes All The Country's Roads...

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

somewhereinusa

Re: The New Zealand Government Closes All The Country's Roads...

Post by somewhereinusa »

Good one. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

That's good to know, Im thinking about a trip there possibly next year I'll have the remember this bit of info :thumbup:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Well, I guess we can go ahead and visit - sounds like it will be just like driving here....

Quick little thread hijack related to visiting.....I think I have mentioned on occasion our epic storms in this place. Well, we had some starting last Wed. Destroyed my trailer - but not quite as bad as most - just not livable. Obliterated the RV park. 5 people injured critically, 5 seriously. Another 8 or 10 cuts and scratches. Wife and I are much better off than most - mostly water damage to contents, and we have a 'spare' travel trailer - two actually. How bizarre is that - someone has two 'spare' travel trailers....

I mention only because two of the non-critically injured were from New Zealand, which provides at least a casual connection. I didn't even get to meet them, but they had planned to tour the US for two years....may still do, but starting from scratch. They entered at Dallas, TX and spent a month getting ready. Bought a trailer, truck, and all the stuff one would use for that excursion. Left Dallas, and arrived in Oklahoma City last Tue I was told. Wednesday, the 6th of May... a day that will live in infamy...all of that and more was destroyed! Their trailer and truck are now part of the debris pile being scooped up into dumpsters. They rode this thing out in the trailer, and said they felt like it had rolled over! The lady got several cuts requiring stitches. The man got a broken collar bone and some possible shoulder injury. Both are out of hospital and were walking around trying to salvage what they could yesterday.

We had about 25 tornadoes within about a 50 mile diameter circle from about 4 pm until 9 pm. I drove to the edges of the storm zone after work that day, and watched from a distance as much as possible. Some hail damage on car. SWMBO was interviewed and put onto national TV on NBC Nightly News one day....can't remember which day....

Welcome to Oklahoma!! We would love to have y'all come visit!! Just know that while there is a "season" for tornadoes, there isn't one month in the year when we don't have them!
GoodClue

Post by GoodClue »

I keep telling people I'm designing a barge, outfitting it with greenhouses, goats, chickens ... solar electricity and water distillation ... push it to safe harbors via sail and ocean going tug ... leave the land to the amateurs ... PS ... land being exposed in Greenland every day with fresh glacial melt waters on the windward side of Iceland's volcanoes ... just sayin" :wink:
"ya gotta have art ..."