Fun with tornadoes...not so much!

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Stealth Camper

Re: Fun with tornadoes...not so much!

Post by Stealth Camper »

stuartcnz wrote:Thanks for pointing this out. Just checked ol trunt's thread and his photos have returned as well.

Good news! Maybe they are reacting to smugmug buying flickr. ?
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Test post
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Tornadoes again!

Haven't been able to get pics yet - the ones I got weren't great. Will keep working on it. Saturday night we had another rash of tornadoes...actually every night for that and the previous two nights. One day we had 170 of them in OK overall. Sat night there was one that started out west of town by a small town called Kellyville. Went for a dozen miles or so, chewing stuff as it went. Since it was "only" an EF-1, it could have been much worse. It skipped a little bit - about 4 miles - then came back down across the street from us, then went another 10 or 12 miles still working it's 'magic'. At this point, it really was not quite on the ground, but about 40 ft up in the air. Broke branches, tops of very tall trees had leaves stripped off, some roofs damaged, and a 1/2 mile long stretch of high voltage (about 161,000 vac) poles were destroyed, 600 feet east of us. This is about 8 or 9 poles that are probably 80 ft tall. Several each of metal and wood. I am beginning to wonder if it is us? Are they specifically looking for us?? Getting a little bit leery of this! Since there is no good, rational explanation, it must be aliens! I have done or said something to really piss them off!
ol trunt

Post by ol trunt »

+Photo fotofu----er bucket has indeed re-upped about 90% of my photos! It makes my small contribution here once again seem worthwhile. All my blather is fine but the pics really make it all hang together.

I sure hope a bunch of other --is it threads?--come back together, so much well put together info. I guess time will tell! Jack
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

ol trunt wrote:+Photo fotofu----er bucket has indeed re-upped about 90% of my photos! It makes my small contribution here once again seem worthwhile. All my blather is fine but the pics really make it all hang together.

I sure hope a bunch of other --is it threads?--come back together, so much well put together info. I guess time will tell! Jack

Looks like it's just you and me left hanging around here. Really quiet.... Even Stuart is away quite a bit. Wonder what ever happened to Dennis? Rob Gray showed up recently - his site is going good, it looks like. And Sharkey is back on line, too! Trying to visit his blog from time to time - always really enjoyed seeing what he was up to!