Old and New get to meet

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Truckingturtle
Seasoned Nomadicista

Old and New get to meet

Post by Truckingturtle »

Before the Crown left for the coast, Sharkey brought it over to my cabinet shop to meet an old friend. My housetruck has been parked behind a fence for many years and it enjoyed the company of the Crown. I wondered if myhousetruck was a little envious seeing Sharkey’s Crown workout the flat spots in it’s tires. What a feeling it is to have smooth round wheels rolling down the highway.

Stillphil

Post by Stillphil »

Thanks for the pics, Mr. Truckingturtle,

I've been wondering what the progression was for a lot of the nomadic folks when they got off the road and apparantly, "settled down" for a period of years. Was it just growing older or was it changes in society, polotics, economics, or what? I know for myself, having kids made me more conservative in my lifestyle so I could give them security, whether that was a real need or not. Also, as more and more of my friends "dropped back in"-to the mainstream, I felt more and more isolated.

As I near the end of my "career" (HA!), I'm feeling an urge to get rolling again. I'd like to be less likely to be pinned down by the fascist changes in society and polotics. Whether that is an attainable goal, I don't know.

How is it for you other folks?

Stillphil
Illegitimi non carborundum!
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Roger

Hey, Does the that old girl still run? Is it still nice inside? If so, couldn't you put it on the road just to poke around town once in a blue moon. You know, just to give th folks around town something to say "WOW" about :shock:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Forgottenhighway

Federal Housetruck

Post by Forgottenhighway »

Roger,
This rig showed up recently at a antique truck show in Brooks, Oregon.

Cheers,Pat

Truckingturtle
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Truckingturtle »

Well, I thot I'd respond to the questions about my housetruck. Unfortunatly, my housetruck has been parked behind my cabinet shop ever since my divorce. Oh my gosh, it's been almost 15 years! Oh! How time flys. I do think I can get it started with just a little bit of work, but at this point even the house portion is in need of some work. I have also offered Sharkey a place to stay when he is in town. This way, my housetruck gets some life put back into it.

Roger

PS: ...and of course I still dream of building a house-trailer and going on the road again.