On the Road Again...Sharkey's Now on the Coast

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Truckingturtle
Seasoned Nomadicista

On the Road Again...Sharkey's Now on the Coast

Post by Truckingturtle »

As I followed Sharkey’s CROWN on it’s voyage to a new home, I took some photographs. The road shots were taken by holding my old 35mm Pentax camera free-hand out the window of my chase car.

The significance of this photo is that it shows Sharkey’s Crown leaving the valley and entering the coastal side of the mountains.

The Crown has arrived at it’s new home and is parked in an open space near the house. Now that the Crown has successfully had a maiden voyage on the road (after 11 years being parked in the city!) it seems such a shame to see her parked again. That’s after following and seeing how smooth it cruised down the road. Other than a minor fuel-pump problem, she ran like a dream!

Two days later I followed Sharkey again, This time he was moving his old housetruck over to the new property. This photo was taken at the same location where I took a photo of the Crown.

There’s that tunnel again AND with once Sharkey passes through, he will no longer be living in the valley, he will be living on his new land near the coast. This may also be the last time his housetruck is on the road. Once it is parked on the new property, the house may be removed and the truck may become a work vehicle of some kind.

Sharkey’s housetruck has arrived with the help of his diesel pusher. That’s the flat little 1/3 of a car you see behind the housetruck that enabled him to cruise a notch up from the old days
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Special thanks to you Roger for your help in not one, but two trips to the new property to help deliver the truck and bus. We had quite a caravan going on the last trip, eh? Too bad I didn't have enough time to wash the entire exterior of the Housetruck so it could look it's best possible for the road trip.
Truckingturtle
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Truckingturtle »

Sharkey... I was happy to help out a good friend. and it was a pleasure following your bus to its new home at the coast. Then, I enjoyed following you again and documenting you in your housetruck, with the with the pusher behind it, knowing that it was probably it's last time on the road. Roger