I'm outa' here

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Jerry Campbell

I'm outa' here

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Adios Amigo,
Were off in a couple of days for our annual 6000 mile trip south. ( We're snowed in right now )

The Crown is rearing to go. All fluids and filters changed, greased and adjusted.
I'm going to finish the gray water plumbing in Arizona on our way south. One of these days I'll add some photos to the bus page. We'll see how the satellite thing goes in Mexico.

This year I got a lot done on the bus.

Flojet VSD Water Pump
Pex tubing with flair-it fittings
64 gal Graywater tank
35 gal blackwater tank
Macerator pump
92 gal freshwater tank
replaced 2 8Ds with two group 31s
Sealand traveler 500 plus toilet
40 x 24 tub/ shower
built two bathroom walls
Rewired solar panels to 60 volts and disassembled and moved complete electrical system to permanent place,including 500 lb capacity drawer slides and 4/0 cable for batteries.
New bumper and towbar for Baby Truck and trailer hitch on bus and wiring
Satellite internet with mobile tripod setup
2 new steering tires

A lot of work A lot of money and then A lot more work.
BUT, I'm one happy guy.
I'll come check on you in the spring.
Jerry
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Wow Jerry, looks like you really got dumped on! I had about 2" yesterday morning, but it all melted off since.

Thanks again for the salvage 8D's they made moving my Crown a lot less stressful.

If you get the satellite system working, drop into the forum and and visit some. I'm still pluigging along on dial-up, and enjoying it less every day. I've kind of dropped the 'net for entertainment and have been viewing DVD's in the bus each night to pass the time.

Travel safely.
Jerry Campbell

Out'a here

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Hey Amigos,
I hope the weather has been better. It sounds like the whole NW coastal area got it pretty good. Several times. We've had nothing but good weather since we slipped thru the slot in the storms. It was so cold in Reno that the solar panels shut down. Now I remember why we don't usually go thru the mountains when we're headed south. I just didn't want to see I-5 again. The Crown is running like a dream. She's getting about 11 mpg at 60 mph. The little pickup, I named him "Chico" towed great and nice to have now that we're here for a few months'
After 3+ weeks and 2700 miles+ we made it to the beach on Christmas day. Today they finished with our palapa so tomorrow the hammocks. The ocean is warm and wonderful. I thought about you today while I was splashing around. I'll take a few pictures.
Later
Jerry "Flaco"
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hey "Flaco", here's one back at you!

About 2-1/2" last Wednesday night/Thursday morning. The temperatures plummeted and I've been hustling since to keep the water system from freezing. The Housetruck went solid yesterday morning in spite of having it running at a good trickle, and the spring water stopped arriving last night, probably due to freezing in the pipe running over the creek. Looks like it might thaw today, so I'll find out what the damage is. Enjoy your "sunny beaches".
Jerry Campbell

Same

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Your bus looks Beautiful in the snow. It does look like a turtle with a shell on it's back.
The weather has been bad here too. It has been a little cloudy the last few days so the humidity has been high. Sweating my butt off. On top of that we ran out of Dead Guy Ale so now I have to drink Mexican Beer.
Yesterday afternoon a couple of whales came in right next to the shore. Beautiful. They must have been rubbing off barnicles or something. I'm glad we weren't swimming or it would have freaked me out.
Here's the pad this year.

Dj

Post by Dj »

All I get is a thing that says "REMOTE LINKING OF IMAGES NOT ALLOWED" for Jerry's pics.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hmph. A bandwidth saving feature on his image host's server. I'm using Proxomitron proxy software which is set to mask the referrer, so the host doesn't see the request for the images as being from an outside domain. I can see them just fine.

Here's what to do: Right-click the images (one-at-a-time), and select "copy image address" from the menu. Then use your browser's "open" dialog menu, pasting the image addresses into the address location.

Here, I'll even save you a step:

Code: Select all

http://www.crowncoach.bravehost.com/06-07-1.jpg

http://www.crowncoach.bravehost.com/06-07-2.jpg

http://www.crowncoach.bravehost.com/06-07-3.jpg
Copy these addresses and open them with the browser dialog.

Kind of annoying procedure, but the warm breeze you can feel coming off the bay is worth it!
Dj

Post by Dj »

indeed. nice setup.

what i could have done with some of that warmth this morning, it was 22f outside and the car was encased in an 1/8" of solid ice. and I thought I lived in texas!
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Well, I have running water in the Housetruck kitchen again, first time in a week. When it finally thawed long enough, I found that one of the galvanized "T" fittings under the truck had split. A $0.89 repair, but I had to wait until I was taking a trip into town to get the fitting at the hardware store.

It's 42 degrees outside tonight. We're having a heat wave!
Busster

Post by Busster »

Hello Sharkey and other!!
I envious your warmth! Yesterday we had -29 celsius here and about a half meter of snow so it doesn't happend so much with the bus right now.
Hope you get rid of all the junk on your yard so you can start planting some busches and flowers soon!
[/img]
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Busster wrote:. . . Yesterday we had -29 celsius here and about a half meter of snow. . .
B-R-R-R-R-R! Now THAT is just plain COLD :!:
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Busster

Post by Busster »

Hello Griff! Long time no see!! Hope everythings ok with you and your´s.
I've lost your emailadress in a datacrach so i hope you don't think i forgotten you.
Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Hey Peo, I shot ya an email with current info! (I have had my share of host/email problems myself lately too.) Great to hear from you, too! :)
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Jerry;

Don't hurry back.

The scene this morning:

Griff
~(G)Q

Post by Griff »

Sh-h-h-h! Look over there, Martha! An endangered species housebus hibernating in it's natural habitat! 8)