LSD - The beyond within (ken kesey and his bus)

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

captainkf

LSD - The beyond within (ken kesey and his bus)

Post by captainkf »

I came across this very interesting documentary on google video that follows the history of LSD. It features ken kesey and has a few clips of his bus. I thought some might be interested. I am not promoting drugs, it's just a neat movie.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... =ken+kesey

-Richard
j_nigrelli

Post by j_nigrelli »

just another place to space:

http://www.wholeearth.com/issue/1170/ar ... t.bus.race

err..... "race"!
j_nigrelli

Post by j_nigrelli »

i got a error message . . . . . bummer
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

??? I don't get an error message, that page displays properly. In fact, I'm going to go back and dig through the Whole Earth site a bunch!
j_nigrelli

Post by j_nigrelli »

no; i meant the google address in #1 post.

i can remember reading and reading and reading some more the original WEC. somehow life swept me away from some of those great ideas.

i remember getting some furring strips and a roll of plastic one saturday morning with the boys because we were going to build a dome. we all got stoned and decided it was easier not to....

looking back, a lot of my life was like that until i hit 40. Shel Silverstein "i got stoned and i missed it"

maybe this weekend i can call some of the guys and we could meet up in that empty lot and ......
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A photo of Ken Kesey.

Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Simply amazing how Ken taught that parrot to place a tab of acid on his tongue like that...

The "official" Ken Kesey Web Page
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Hey!! It's a Nanday Conure. They were put on this earth to do as such. Their job is to make people crazy.
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

TMAX wrote:Hey!! It's a Nanday Conure. They were put on this earth to do as such. Their job is to make people crazy.
They do it well, too. We have a pretty healthy population of wild parrots in my town. When they invade your neighborhood, it's always at day break and sundown. Noisy critters; I'm always glad when they move on.

Mark
dadeo

Post by dadeo »

Heres a picture from my archives. I don't know if its actually from the Great Race or maybe a re-creation? The people on the roof seem kinna chill for a race. Looks like it could be Wavy Gravy himself on the hood, as the story has it...