I've been busy

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

I've been busy

Post by Sharkey »

Lots of springtime stuff going on. I've been pruning trees out in the yard, clearing a space for my solar panels (required removing two trees), beginning mowing, doing the first real remodeling on the new house (complete cleaning, recaulking, priming and painting of the master bathroom and bedroom) -and- repaying some of the favor-debits that I racked up during the move.

Last weekend, I made a trip out to my favorite vacation get-away, Mark's beach house, but it was no leisure trip, I was there to help with building four sets of new stairs to replace the original ones that had rotted away after 40 years. Three days of very intense hard labor cutting stringers and treads, demolishing the old stairs and mixing 10 bags of concrete by hand and pouring the result down post holes. I was working with Mark and his nephew, Cory.

Here's an image of the beach stairs at the end of Sunday:

That's two stringers with a landing between, twenty feet of rise, overall. The other stairs were at the front of the house (made from 3 x 12 timbers), and at the beach-side deck. We also replaced about 160 square feet of on-grade treated decking.

I got back Monday night late after driving in the dark for an hour. Very tired, but also pumped up from the experience. Now to apply the energy to getting ahead on projects at home.
j_nigrelli

projects

Post by j_nigrelli »

good job - well done!

i'll bet the view from the top step is spectacular