Neil Youngs rig gettin serviced

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Neil Youngs rig gettin serviced

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Get a load of Neil Youngs rig
[/img]Image

A bit flashy for me but sweet

[/img]
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Are those windows in the basement doors? Maybe that's where the roadies ride?

Of course, Neil is too cool to have a VW bus grafted to the roof, he has to have '48 Buicks (or whatever those are...)
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

The one on the side door is a window the world eched in to it but the ones below part pf the paint job. Heres the best pic I got of it.[img][img]http://i25.tinypic.com/atxdf.jpg[/img][/img]
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Oh, I get it, the three painted-on images on the basement doors are supposed to be the "portholes" that Buick has always used on their front fenders. I was right! Those probably are Buicks on the roof. I wonder what happened to the 400 pound chrome bullets that are supposed to be on the front bumper?
F highway

Post by F highway »

I get the significance of the Buick styling cues....when neil first came down to LA from Toronto in the sixties, I think he arrived in a Buick hearse. Too cool!
Cheers,Pat
splummer

Post by splummer »

too new for me along ways from mort, . steve
splummer

Post by splummer »

splummer wrote:too new for me along ways from mort, . steve

a pontiac hearse, he lost the buick in can. most likley bought a few, i have 2 cad hearses a 51 and a 70, traveled alot in the 70, steve
splummer

Post by splummer »

F highway wrote:I get the significance of the Buick styling cues....when neil first came down to LA from Toronto in the sixties, I think he arrived in a Buick hearse. Too cool!
Cheers,Pat
he had an old pontiac , he lost the buick in can. we have 2 cad hearses , a 51 and 70, we traveled alot in the seventy steve
Bestekustoms

Post by Bestekustoms »

WOW,Now Thats COOL.
My Name Is John.I Go By Bestekustoms.I Will Get Around To Joining Soon.I Have Been Surfing Your Site For Sometime Now.I Really Like What I See.
Sharkey I Sure Wish You Would Finish Your Housetruck Story.I Got Bummed When It Ended.I Think Thats You??

Anyway...I Am A Bus Nut Too.I Lived In My 1962 GMC For About 10 Years Or So.Traveled 38 States When I Was In My 20s (Now Mid 40s) I Have Owned Many Schoolies In My Life.I Just Stepped Up And Bought Myself My First Coach Its A 1969 EAGLE 05 8v71. Im Wanting To Hit The Road Again Soon. So On And So On.......

I Will Be Back.I Feel I Belong Here.

Hey Anymore Pictures Of Rock Stars Buses? I Would Like To See KID ROCKS Again. 2 Million....WOW. It Must Be Nice?

JOHN
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Hi Bestekustoms, the 30 Years in a Housetruck story hasn't ended, I just haven't quite written it all yet. There is one chapter that isn't posted in the "book" version of it on the web site, you can view it on the forum here.