RIP Trace :: 1978 - January 1, 2009

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Cele

Adieu Trace

Post by Cele »

My dear friend, I am so relieved that Dawn and Hayden were there for you. They both responded when I had to put my Rhodesian Ridgeback, Kya, down and were splendid. The process was so much easier for their caring consideration.

Your pain breaks my heart, but I know that Trace is better off. With time you will be better too, but I know the pain of watching her suffer and of ultimately loosing her will haunt you for a very long time. For the past several months, wow, a year or so you've been fearing this time. Seeing you in such deep emotional despair has been hard, I wish for you healing and wonderful memories that stay with you always.

Sith,
Calista
woodley and julie

Love hurts

Post by woodley and julie »

Dear Sparky,
When we had to put Misha, our dog, down after 14 1/2 years with us, it broke my hearts too. I was a mess. For months I read all sorts of books about people and their dogs. (Marley and me, A Three Dog Life, etc.) and asked anyone who would allow me to, to pet their dog. I was pathetic. When I thought of her, and how much I loved her, I cried. I still do, even though it has been over two years. We now have a new delightful puppy but at times I feel sad that Misha can't enjoy her presence with us.

Don't feel badly about how long this pain and grief will last. It just takes time. They say that the deeper the love, the deeper the pain. But I would never trade a day with her, to escape the pain. (Except the day when she chewed up my new BMW leather passenger seat. Just kidding!)

We love you Sparky, our dear Best Man! If you would like an escape to the sun, come and visit us Palm Springs. We will be here for the next 4 months. Gas is cheap right now. You could afford it. Besides you need to see the solar panels that Mark, Chet and Woodley have installed.

Julie
j_nigrelli

Post by j_nigrelli »

how wonderful of a life your horse had,

to be so loved and nourished.

those are great memories for both of you
Marci

So sorry

Post by Marci »

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your horse Trace. I too am a horse person and live in Glenada. Used to board at Dawn & Haydens and have known them for many years, they are the best kind of people.
I imagine as you were is how it will be for me when my dear old Shadow goes to spirit.
And there is defiantly something very special about Duncan Island.
I hope that this finds you healing, and stronger.
I lost my step father on the 15th of Jan and it takes time, and in some ways its almost more painful to lose an animal since we are closer to them, we tell them all our secrets.
((((HUGS))))
Marci
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I am wiping away the tears so that I can see to type these words. I have lost animals as well. It is indeed strange to have such a powerful emotional reaction to their passing. I am glad that you got another horse. I don't know you very well, but I do know that you are a special human being.