It's Been Six Months...

For anything that doesn't fit the other forums.

Moderator: TMAX

Sharkey
Original Founder

It's Been Six Months...

Post by Sharkey »

<center>Image

...and I still cry every time I put flowers on Trace's grave. :( </center>
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Having total love for fellow man or beast is simply the right way to be and when that companion leave use we morn. It’s that right thing to do for as long as one needs to do it. What a nice memorial you gave Trace.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
GoodClue

Trace

Post by GoodClue »

Hello Sharkey,
I see my friends everyday in my meditations, my walks, my photos ... they never truly leave. Clue was my white Husky, she became a part of my online identity in many forms ... my video production company is called Good Clue Productions, and tho I sometimes tell people I'm "Clueless" I know better.
She returned to me as a white ball of energy a little while after I lost her ... an event out of my control that left me stressed for days, even breaking out with the shingles ... I couldn't sleep ... continuously crosscounty skied, snowshoed to get rid of the stress ... then, one night, starring at the sky a wonderful meteor shower streaked on and on ... I lay down and she appeared and enveloped me in this ball of energy ... a true cathartic event, then when she left, she moved upwards and joined my father I'd lost two years before ... both radiant. And I went on with my life, bawlling at the least expected and most awkward times. It's been two years and I still occasionally choke up, but I do know she's here, there, everywhere ... I think God, if you have to define this amazing energy force, expresses itself constantly, in all things ... guess I'm a pantheist.
Anyway, you struck a chord and I'm rambling ... hang in there ... all my family friends (I Don't believe in pets) from the beginning to my current cat are still here and as helpful as ever.
Doug
AccordGuy

Post by AccordGuy »

Hang in there Sharkey. We feel for you.

My wife says she saw the ghost of my missing cat Gloves from three years ago. He was very old and had a bunch of medical problems after having had a stroke but one night he went out but never came back. We never found him so he's just "missing, presumed dead".

A few months ago she said she saw a black cat sitting on the sofa arm near the dining table at my parents house while we were eating. It was his favourite place to sit and beg for chicken and ham when he was with us.

We talked on the way home and she said she used to sometimes see ghosts of her animals and even sometimes people when she was growing up at her home. She thinks it's natural for there to be ghosts of even cats, if they've died when lost or even if they just don't recognise that they've moved on and have a strong bond with their home.