1170 watt system on my "Midlife Crisis Recue Unit"

Discussions about Renewable Energy, including photovoltaics, wind, and small scale hydro.
Creating power for your home, off grid.
Emphasis on nuts-n-bolts, hands-on projects.

Moderator: TMAX

Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

1170 watt system on my "Midlife Crisis Recue Unit"

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hi Kids

It's been ages since I've stopped in to the "Nomadic Hole In The Wall Clubhouse" :D I posted a few pics of my "Midlife Crisis Recue Unit" elsewhere but I thought I would post the power supply here just because 8) It consist of 6/Sanyo 195 watt panels, an Outback 3648 inverter, a MX60 charge controler and 4/200 ampr Renorgy AGM batteries. It seems to carry itself fine better in the spring/summer/fall a little better than the winter here in the north east but at some point I'm gonna do the snow bird thing and follow the sun so it wont be an issue. I gotta say I'm thinkin this ambulance is gonna turn out to be a great small rig :D Granted I have to tiddy up the wiring a bit :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Stealth Camper

Re: 1170 watt system on my "Midlife Crisis Recue Unit"

Post by Stealth Camper »

Good looking setup! Sounds like you have run it for a while? And are happy with everything so far?

Edit; I originally asked about system DC voltage...then woke up and realized of course, 48 vdc...

Are those the Bifacial panels? (I am guessing no, but have to ask...)
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Re: 1170 watt system on my "Midlife Crisis Recue Unit"

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hey there Stealthy

They are not Bifacial panels. I do have 2 of them in my equipment stash though. I just picked up a 48 volt to 12 volt reducer so I can have a 12 volt bus bar for standard 12 volt stuff.
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.