Perhaps more than you have time to read

Discussions about Renewable Energy, including photovoltaics, wind, and small scale hydro.
Creating power for your home, off grid.
Emphasis on nuts-n-bolts, hands-on projects.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Perhaps more than you have time to read

Post by Rudy »

Here is a link to energy systems.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/
Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

Required reading for forum users who post nonsense such as the above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_thermodynamics

Required attire for forum readers who need help understanding the concepts disproven by the link directly above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Well, what do I know? I thought there was some factual info on the link I posted.

I should just stick to playing the accordion. It does not make electricity, and I don't need electricity to make it play.

I know what thermodynamics is. It's when I wear a coverall suit inside my bus during the winter to keep warm.

KISR=Keep It Simple, Rudy.
Got love? Give love.
Sharkey
Original Founder

Post by Sharkey »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

Hmm, did Rudy just get spanked in front of the class :roll:
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Bob

Post by Bob »

:lol: He took it rather well I think. It was all I could do to scan the pictures in all of those links...I hope that there isn't a test! :?
Wherever I am...I am home.
Standaddy

Post by Standaddy »

Brings back memories! Along about 1975 or so, after the gas-shortage and it's assorted bullshat, a friend at work showed a few of us guys a magazine ad for a book describing some wonderful high-mileage conversions and such that were low-buck/free etc. About a half-dozen of us chipped in a buck apiece and mailed the coupon for our money-saving educational book. Couple weeks later and it came in the mail. WOW! It looked like an amateur comic-book. A hodge-podge collection of stick-man type sketches and grainy black-and-whites, with descriptions that seemed to be written by someone even less literate, and on worse terms with the King's English than my own un-educated self. With plenty of physics-defying claims to boot. We all got a few laughs, with a few guys half-believing some of the claims. But no gains for any of us, except in the education department.
My formal education ended with graduation from a high school in Alabama. What just came to your mind then? LOL. That's okay, I've learned to live with the perception that most of the country seems to have of the South. And some of it well earned. By folks I know. Damn it, by my own family. Well shat, maybe even by me! Anyhow, from somewhere along there, I started learning that there's no free lunch. When this window starts acting like this, I guess the post is too long. So, mebbe I'll just post it and reply.
Standaddy

Post by Standaddy »

It's me agin Margerite!
Like I was saying, well what was I saying? Anyway, Rudy, we love you man! Something I think I've noticed. People like you, musically talented, seems to me, your brain works somewhat different than people like me, who have no musical or artistic-type talent. I do love music. My kids know this, and several years ago they got me a guitar for christmas. That thing's never been played. Got me a video and a book to learn by too. And still, no music has ever been dragged out of that instrument. Even after watching the video, and trying. Man I just can't understand it. I do have an ear for music, was a part-time song-leader in a fundamentalist-type southern church when I was afflicked with a belief in religion (man, you oughta been there!).
But mechanical things just seemed to make sense to me. At about age 12, I reversed my bike's pedal-crank and rear wheel, so I could ride the bike backwards. Couldn't get the hang of it though, so I fixed it back right, sat on the handlebars, and made the bike go forwards while I faced backwards. At age 57 I can still do that. Won several kids lunch-money by betting on that trick!
Anyway, guess I'm just saying, I appreciate Sharkey's technical sense, and likewise, Rudy's artistic sense. And if ya'll haven't noticed, I've had a little too much WT 101. Sorry. That stuff's a pretty good lubricant.
At least I'm a happy drunk, not a mean one. LOL
Stan
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Stan, thanks for your kind words.

ALSO, at 57, I too can sit on the handlebars and face backwards, turn corners, and use the brakes. I haven't seen many people do that.

I once wore a clown suit, and followed an old Fire Engine in a town parade. That was a little tricky because I had to go so slow.

Fun stuff. Always makes people laugh when they see it someone riding a bicycle backwards.
Got love? Give love.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

U da man Rudy 8) I can sit in my seat and drive my bus backwatds :D
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
TMAX
Officer Hormel

Post by TMAX »

Stan, there is no such thing as too much WT 101 (viva Manhattans!).
Last edited by TMAX on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

Post by Bob »

All of this waisted talent! I have seen Rudy do the bicycle trick..he does it well. The very same night that we discovered Bill Bifwinkle we attempted to do the guitar trick while we both rode a bicycle backwards..I dont remember it working out so very well.
Wherever I am...I am home.