Solar Crown

Discussions about Renewable Energy, including photovoltaics, wind, and small scale hydro.
Creating power for your home, off grid.
Emphasis on nuts-n-bolts, hands-on projects.

Moderator: TMAX

Jerry Campbell

Solar Crown

Post by Jerry Campbell »

Hi Sharky,
Nice place you got here.
The last time we talked (typed) was about high verses low voltage solar panels. I think it was early last spring. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. At the moment I'm waiting for the welder guy in Philomath to clear his shop to make room for my bus, ‘75 Crown. He built the racks for the solar panels while I cut the feet and legs and bolted and sika-flexed the feet to the top of the bus. Now he's going to weld it all together. I've been waiting for this for a long time. I am building a vented battery box and temporarily mounting the hardware, inverter, charge controller etc. so we can hit the road for a few months. We hope to be gone by the first of December and back sometime in March. As soon as I get the panels on the roof I will add a picture to my bus page. We haven’t done the interior so we will buy an electric refrigerator, throw in our bed, some camping stuff and hit the road. I feel the palm trees and beach calling.
So far the Electrical System will be:
10… Kyocera 158G solar panels
Outback Combiner
Outback MX60 MPPT Charge Controller
8… L16H Trojan 395 amp 6 volt
Prosine 3000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/ 120 Amp Charger
Tri-Metric 2020 Battery Monitor
And various fuses, breakers and shunts
http://www.peak.org/~jerryc/bus.htm
Thanks for giving us a place to talk about alternative everything
Jerry
Jerry Campbell

Solar Crown

Post by Jerry Campbell »

I got the panels on the roof today, I just need to bolt them on and wire them. They will be wired 24 volts. I put a couple of pictures on my bus page.
YEEEEHAAAA
Jerry