Solar power diversion load controller

Discussions about Renewable Energy, including photovoltaics, wind, and small scale hydro.
Creating power for your home, off grid.
Emphasis on nuts-n-bolts, hands-on projects.

Moderator: TMAX

stuartcnz
Site Admin

Solar power diversion load controller

Post by stuartcnz »

Sharkey has a cool project happening on his site at the moment. I was first intrigued when he mentioned using an Arduino chip, as I was taught how to solder with one, only a few months ago. There is a lot of really cool things that they can be used for. Anyway, I was waiting until he had finished sharing his project, but as he doesn't appear to be finished yet, and he is already up to part seven. I will just post a link to the first part, and you can navigate through to his latest additions, from there.
http://www.mrsharkey.com/solar-power-di ... controller Enjoy!
kb2iaw

Re: Solar power diversion load controller

Post by kb2iaw »

HA...VARIAC...I haven`t heard that name in over 50 years ...There used to be an electronics store by the name of ( Lafayette Radio Electronics ) located on radio row in downtown N.Y.C. That sold these devices ...The house i lived in at the time had wireing like a christmas tree ,and the voltage always varied ...But not on to output side of the variac ...

Thanks for jogging my memory ....i cant remember what happened to that thing ??? :lol:
Stealth Camper

Post by Stealth Camper »

Wow! I'm sitting here at my desk at work. There is a Variac sitting on the desk about 4 feet from me.

Arduino seems to be pretty cool stuff. Looking forward to perusing his project.
stuartcnz
Site Admin

Post by stuartcnz »

The latest installment is out: http://www.mrsharkey.com/load-control-8