Chorizo Rice A Roni

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Chorizo Rice A Roni

Post by Rudy »

Another recipe from the Ghetto Pot Roast thread.

Rudy

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:10 pm
Yipee!! Another successful experimental dish. I call this one Chorizo-rice a roni. In the "crockpot" I put:
One pound of Chorizo hot sausage
One quart beef broth
One can of tomatoes with hot peppers
One cup brown rice
One half cup linguine
Two carrots
One yellow onion
Two stalks celery
Four cloves garlic
A four inch sprig of rosemary
One teaspoon curry powder

It has been cooking for five hours.
It has been smelling SO good and it will be ready to eat in 15 minutes. DAMN, I am excited. Who would have thought that cooking could be so fun. Here is a photo. I know that it looks like my other stews. Some time soon, though, I will take a picture of some roast that I make. Maybe then, I can enter it into a cooking magazine, which is where Dennis's pictures belong.

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Rudy

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:44 pm
WOW!!! DOUBLE WOW!!! I just finished a giant bowl of this stuff. It was so good, I was tempted to have some more, and I am a guy who never has second helpings. There are a myriad of flavors dancing around in that pot of goodness. The most noticeable aspect of it is it's subtle yet insistent spiciness. It will make your ears tingle and your forehead sweat, yet it is so good that you can't stop eating it. I am very much looking forward to have some more for breakfast. That's the way I do it. I cook a "CROCKPOT" of food and have it for every meal for the next two or three days. Then I make another pot and eat that for two or three days. I am going to do a pinto bean meal next. Yessiree!!!
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I have to confess that the Chorizo dish was way too spicy. When, on the next morning, I had it for breakfast, I had a sore stomach the whole day. I am not going to use that Chorizo hot sausage again. Second of all, what was I thinking to put curry and other hot spices in that stuff, to begin with. Well, it ended up with a thumbs down review. I dumped it in the woods. I sure hope I am not killing off wild animals with my failed experiments. That Chorizo meal tasted great the first night I ate it, But I wondered why I did not feel so well the next morning. After having it for breakfast, I quickly realized that the Chorizo hot sausage was the culprit.