Turkey Day

The gastronomy section for all things food related.

Moderator: TMAX

Rudy

Turkey Day

Post by Rudy »

Some friends are coming to the bus today and bringing lots of food. I will take pictures. I was told to make sure that I have room in my freezer for leftovers. I even went and got plastic food storage containers.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Post by Dennis The Bus Dweller »

First Thanksgiving in the new rig, Whata day 8)
Peace along the way
Dennis the bus dweller N.Y.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

A picture of the many foods that my friends brought to the bus on Thursday. We ate, and then went to the pistol range, and then had a lot of fun playing cards. It was the best holiday I have had in many years. In the picture, you see from the top left, sweet potato pie, bread stuffing, baked beans, mashed potatoes, turkey with gravy, shells with cheese, spicy corn, and sliced ham. Yum Yum. I ate leftovers this morning. I am going to use the turkey and ham to make a crockpot soup. I bought some carrots, and celery today. I already have potatoes, onions, and garlic, and beef broth. I am going to eat the stuff that I can't put in the soup for breakfast, and make the soup tomorrow evening.

Last edited by Rudy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Rudy

Im really glad you had people over for Thanksgiving, You needed them. I have a few Ideas for yah so you don't get so bumbed from bein alone. I'll puttem togeather and firem over in an email sometime soon.
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

You mean you can send me some female company over the internet? HA HA! That is nice of you to think about me.
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I will be making turkey and ham soup. I'm sure many people will be doing the same. I'll start it today (Saturday). No rice this time. Just turkey, ham, potatoes, carrots, celery, beets, onion, broth, and spices. I'll give a report on a new thread.
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

Sounds right, I still have one pie left so maybe I'll take a ride out :D
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

Dennis, Let me know when you are coming. I'll bake a cake. It's probably warmer here than where you are anyway. I don't know if you are just kidding, but if you are serious, You would be more than welcome. Email me
rootseller333@gmail.com. Rudy
Dennis The Bus Dweller
Seasoned Nomadicista

I was only joshin yah Rudy. I'm out in orient point Long Island so I'm pretty far away. It's 45 here tonight but I got another few week before I start the heating season.
Peace along the way
Rudy

Post by Rudy »

45? It was 38 here last night and will be 35 tonight. I would like to see your solar trailer some day, though. Rudy